Thread: depth flasher

Question depth flasher

Anyone have ideas how to check the depth flasher in the middle of the console and get it working? Where does it get the reading from? I use the Hummingbird depth on my nav currently, not sure if its worth my time to get it working or plug the hole for another graph mount? Any photos of what you have done?

Thanks for the input.
    2001 196 Elite- 200hp Optimax

2. Member
    First, make sure you have power to the unit: no blown fuses, bad connection. Make sure your power switch is turned on. If that shows no life, I would run a pos. /neg. wires back to the poles on the battery. The transducer on my 202 is in the bilge. You can't miss it, it looks like a 2"knob with a wire running out of it. Most just remove and either put a plate over the hole. I have seen a radio that mounts in that hole location. Good luck, I just use my console mount Lowrance, very seldom use my flasher anymore.

3. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I have (2) small black knob looking things stuck in the bottom of my bilge, 1 in the very bottom and 1 on the rear stepup with nothing connected to them. That must be what it went to. Do you know the brand of radio that fits in the hole?

4. Banned
    Its prob dead if it’s that old. When mine broke I tried to replace it, but the company had gone out of business. I made a wooden plug/cover and painted the heck out of it. I think I’ve seen covers made for sale though, you might have to google it and they were all the same size.

5. Banned
    Head to a local fab shop and have them cut a piece of aluminum to cover the hole... Done it many time over the years... Dan

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I think i am going to install a Kicker Marine stereo in it's place.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLambeth View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I have (2) small black knob looking things stuck in the bottom of my bilge, 1 in the very bottom and 1 on the rear stepup with nothing connected to them. That must be what it went to.
    One would have connected to the flasher, the other to the factory sonar that was at the console.