1999 johnson 225 ho

I'm currently looking into ordering a temperature gauge and water pressure gauge for my motor. looking for some info or part number for the correct temperature sending unit for my motor. Is it better to run the water temperature sender or the head temperature? limited info on internet and any suggestions or information will help thanks. model #j225hpleen
    Last edited by kram31; 02-20-2018 at 07:06 PM.

2. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I have same exact motor,
    subbed

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Head temp kit is 0175410 but is in short supply as they are no longer available. It monitors head temps. If you have a system check gauge the temp switches that are mounted in your cylinder heads do the same thing but not in a gauge type format. You can test them periodically by making a jumper up and touching the engine side tan wire to the block with the key on, the TEMP light should illuminate. The water pressure gauge is the most commonly used gauge and gives you a great indication of your impeller's performance.

4. Member
    exactly what i was looking for thanks. will go with water pressure and possibly add temp gauge at later date.

5. Member
    so realistically if im running more than 20psi wot i should in theory never over heat? always had 30hp engines and never had to worry about making a big mistake. so high hp is new to me.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Just watch it in turns.....sometimes it can get areated and lose pressure.

7. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Wide open my water gauge is pegged, haft throttle 35-40 mph, wate4 pressure bout 20 ish