Thoughts on a couple of Lews Rods

Getting back into BASS fishing after several years break, Been looking at the Lews Carbon Fire and the TP1 Speed Sticks, could you guys give me some thoughts on these rods, seem to feel real good, like I said it's been a long time and I just want some guidance here, thanks Guys
    Jimmy

2. Member
    I have several of both and like them. The Carbon Fires went on sale at Dick's for black Friday for $40.00 so I ordered two. When they arrived the only difference I could tell between the two was the color scheme and the eyes. The eyes on the TP1's are microwave eyes and the eyes on the Carbon Fire's are conventional. Other than that I don't think you could spit for the difference. I liked the Carbon Fires enough that I ordered several more. They were a great buy at the sale price and I would even say they are a good value at the regular price. My opinion is that both rods are very similar and if the white color scheme and micro guides appeal to you get the TP1, otherwise get the Carbon Fire and save a couple dollars.

3. Member
    I have a TP-1 7’ med-mod action spinning rod. It’s good for the money, plenty sensitive but I couldn’t get used to the handle. The microwave guides are pretty nice and the overall quality is up there with higher end rods. It is definitely worth $100 and probably the nicest $100 rod I’ve used. If you’re dead set on Lews I’d recommend to spend another $30 and get the speed stick. A lot better and more comfortable handle.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

The TP1 topwater/jerkbait rod was rated best for the money by Sports Afield last year

I have a Lews TP1 7' Med-Hev. Fast and i like it. i just bought a Lews 7'3" Custom lite speed stick and a new Lews custom pro speed spool reel and so far I really like it. Haven't fished with it yet, but been pitching it in the shop a little these last few days. Getting ready to use it hopefully very soon. After my last experience with the BPS Johnny Morris fiasco I think Lews is going to be my rod and reel of choice.