Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I switched to E1 for the glass but still use BBS on the seats. Think it is slicker and after a light wipeover with a towel once dry there are no streaks. BBS seemed to take a little more effort to get the streaks. Someone here had a thread about the E1 stuff in gallon jugs under a different product name and i have gone that route. Can't recall the other name and not home to check for a few days, but it is the identical carnuba based stuff. Ordered it from some RV supply place online.

After buying 4 cases of Eagle wax as you dry during that sale posted here where they had packaged it in the wrong color bottles, I hope it has a long shelf life. If so, I should have enough to last the rest of my life.

3. Banned
    you can always buy the bulk version of wax as you dry for cheap

https://www.carbrite.com/products/Ma...-U-Dry-trade;/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    After buying 4 cases of Eagle wax as you dry during that sale posted here where they had packaged it in the wrong color bottles, I hope it has a long shelf life. If so, I should have enough to last the rest of my life.
    I bought a couple cases during that sale as well. One case down now, it does the same thing as the others IMO. I also think it’s a little thicker than BBS, maybe the wax in it? My boat is garaged so either should provide all the protection needed for a long time. I use 303 on the seats.

5. Banned
    I bought two cases of this when they ran that sale on here. Was put in the wrong color bottle. It is very good stuff and has real wax. It does not clean as good as BBS. I do think wax as u dry leaves a harder finish and does not streak as bad. I clean it with BBS then go behind it with wax as u dry.

BBS, Wax as u dry, Lucas all are good. BBS gets the dirt and scum off better.

6. Banned
    I went from BBS to Slick Mist and then Wax as u Dry. I settled on Wax as U Dry because:

1) I think it does a better job
    2) It contains carnauba, which is a UV protectant
    3) It is friendly to the aquatic environment (one of the members here on BBC who is with Valvoline and an avid tourney fisherman, helped develop the product)

I remember a BBC™ member also sent out FREE samples Now it is what I use on the shiny stuff and I got the big jugs of 303™ when GanderMtn™ went tits up..

7. Member
    Bow to Stern (BTS)
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Eagle One is what I prefer

9. Banned
    Most seem to now use lucas slick mist, I still have some bulk BTS so until I use that up

10. Banned
    Slicker is not always better , I put my foot on the gunnel trying to land a fish and SLIP, darn near fell in the water and almost pulled my groin. I had sprayed the boat down the week before

11. Member
    I heard Bass Boat saver will "stain" your fish finder screens where Eagle One advertises their product will not. Not that I use it on my screens, but should you get any overspray, just wipe it off. As for UV protection, I have no idea as my boat only sees daylight when it is on the water, the rest of the time she sits in my garage.

BTW I use the Eagle product because there was a deal where you could get something like 6 or 8 bottles shipped for like $15. Could not pass that up.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

12. Member
    Meguiars nxt quick detailer and quick wax is some of the best stuff you can use. Lucas is also good for the price. BTS was very hard to get off. Also was not impressed with pro tec quick detailer

13. Member
    Bass Boat Saver is what I use for cleaning and UV protection.

BBS cleans scum line marks better than those mentioned. That’s really al I use it for.
    I wipe down the top cap and sides with Nu-Finish Spray Foam Detailer. Contains polymers which protect and seal much better than any wax, synthetic or natural. And for a much longer period of time.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    Lucus Mist from Walmart works for me. I've tried all of them. I'm not saying Lucus is any better, but it seems to be faster. Easy enough on the pocketbook too.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Agree! Easy Peasy.
    Me too

17. Member
    I seal my Boat with protec (2coats) Then through the summer I simply wash it often just like I do my truck. I will wax the boat a few times also. I've used all of the products mentioned and they all work fine but aren't necessary in my opinion. I use car wash soap diluted with water to spray on and wipe my boat down in between washes and details. Turtle wax soap works great. I would never use the vinegar/water combo as that will just strip off all of the sealant and wax over time. I will say, I can't stand fishing out of a dirty boat, so my process may be over the top for some. However, my 7 year old basscat puma looks brand new.

18. Member
    I noticed that Eagle one stains or leaves marks on the gel cote sections that are black-slick mist does not......

19. Banned
    That’s streaking, not staining. You should wipe either a second time with a dry cloth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12