Abu Garcia Revo x vs diawa tatula ct

Just wondering what everyone opinion is on the best bang for the buck on the new Abu Garcia rev x or if the tatula is a better choice. Looking to add few.

2. Banned
    Both are good reels. Maybe even look into the Daiwa Fuego CT. I am messing with the Revo X right now as a punching reel. So far, the feel and functions are rather nice. I know that in my head, the Fuego CT is probably a little better built than the Revo X. However, the Revo fits my hands better.

3. Member
    Tatula ct

4. Member
    I would go with the tatula also.. I haven't handled a revo on awhile but I never could get used to them
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Tatula CT hands down

6. Member
    No doubt the Tatula is a great reel. But to the folks giving the Tatula the nod over the new Revo X, have you used, or held a new Revo X yet? The Gen4 Revo's are completely different beasts than the previous generations.

In my experience, in two months of using them last fall before the water got hard here, is that the Revo has more power per say than the Tatula and just felt beefier than the Tatula. With that being said, the T-wing is still supreme when it comes to skipping, even without the SV spool. But for punching and flipping, I'll take a GEN4 Revo X, S, SX, STX, etc all day long.

Nonetheless, both reels are great reels and I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    No doubt the Tatula is a great reel. But to the folks giving the Tatula the nod over the new Revo X, have you used, or held a new Revo X yet? The Gen4 Revo's are completely different beasts than the previous generations.

In my experience, in two months of using them last fall before the water got hard here, is that the Revo has more power per say than the Tatula and just felt beefier than the Tatula. With that being said, the T-wing is still supreme when it comes to skipping, even without the SV spool. But for punching and flipping, I'll take a GEN4 Revo X, S, SX, STX, etc all day long.

Nonetheless, both reels are great reels and I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.
    I took advantage of the ebay 20% off sale and got a Gen4 SX for $103 shipped to me from Sportsmans Outfitters. I cant wait to tear it down and get inside it, got some plans for it. I have to agree that the drag on the new Gen4s are pretty impressive. As long as you get Revo thats got brass gears you should be good. I really dont think its necessary to go any higher on the line than the SX as tge only feature you get beyond that is weight, and it sacrifices strength.

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post

I agree with this, The new Gen 4 Revos are impressive, I have 2 of the X reels now and have been very impressed with the quality at the price point.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    I took advantage of the ebay 20% off sale and got a Gen4 SX for $103 shipped to me from Sportsmans Outfitters. I cant wait to tear it down and get inside it, got some plans for it. I have to agree that the drag on the new Gen4s are pretty impressive. As long as you get Revo thats got brass gears you should be good. I really dont think its necessary to go any higher on the line than the SX as tge only feature you get beyond that is weight, and it sacrifices strength.
    Where does it compared in the lew's line up ?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    Where does it compared in the lew's line up ?
    It's like a MB but with brass gears.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    It's like a MB but with brass gears.
    Thanks Brother.