Mounting new transducer on aluminum boat

Took old transducer out and plugged holes with screws. I could have used JB weld, etc. but I figured this was the best thing to do with my application.

New transducer bracket will overlap where the screws are.

Is it OK to mount the transducer bracket on stand-off (basically a couple of washers) to make up the screw head thickness?

2. Member
    Use the old holes to mount a transducer board.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Highly recommend you mount a piece of high density polyethylene HDPE board to the boat. This material is commonly called starboard from a company that sells it. You can buy ready made boards or get a scrap piece and cut your on custom fit piece. Mount it permanently on the boat and then screw the transducer bracket to it. You never have to drill another hole in the boat to change transducers. You could drill out a pocket on the back to accommodate the screws your leaving in the hull and just mount the board right over them. Use screws and 3M 5200 to mount it and then calk around it with 5200 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Highly recommend you mount a piece of high density polyethylene HDPE board to the boat. This material is commonly called starboard from a company that sells it. You can buy ready made boards or get a scrap piece and cut your on custom fit piece. Mount it permanently on the boat and then screw the transducer bracket to it. You never have to drill another hole in the boat to change transducers. You could drill out a pocket on the back to accommodate the screws your leaving in the hull and just mount the board right over them. Use screws and 3M 5200 to mount it and then calk around it with 5200 also.
    This is what I decided to do. Thanks for the input.

+1 on the starboard. Makes life so much easier.