Back button question ?

Every time I open a post to read it .. When I hit the back button.. the screen asking if I'm sure I want to leave this page pops up. It used to only pop up when I responded but forgot to submit .

bumping this up, i get a similar popup when I try to close a tab on BBC... Seems like it's only in Firefox though, I don't see it in Chrome, or on other forum sites...

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Only time I have ever seen this is if I have started writing a response and click back without posting.

eah that makes sense, but now it doesn't even require user input. For instance, I can open a thread, read it, click on "page 2" and I will get the same popup - and have to hit "Leave Page" before it will go to page 2. I had used Chrome forever and just recently switched to FF so not sure if it's always been this way with FF or a recent thing.

I may move back to FF for BBC viewing... I have to do it to cast web content to my TV as well, ie Bass Live, etc.

Edit - it did it here again after I posted this reply and then tried to close the window lol...

Testing a solution I found for Firefox... Seems to be working so far.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1067058

You can double-click the dom.disable_beforeunload pref on the about:config page to change its value to true.You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.