Santee route advice

Is there a path from the top of the canal over to potato creek without going all the way down to Bell's to go across. I can get around fairly good just never made that trip. Thanks.

2. Member
    Yes follow the dam, but don't get too close

3. Member
    Yes just run the rock wall down stay about 50 Yards off the wall you can see the stumps you need to avoid. When you come to the last channel marker past Harry’s right before turning left to cut up the middle channel markers just run right to spillway and follow rock wall all the way down to the entrance of the wyboo Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by TR21ken View Post
    Yes just run the rock wall down stay about 50 Yards off the wall you can see the stumps you need to avoid. When you come to the last channel marker past Harry’s right before turning left to cut up the middle channel markers just run right to spillway and follow rock wall all the way down to the entrance of the wyboo Creek.
    "you can see the stumps you need to avoid"

Knowing what is in that lake made me laugh at that statement. I was fortunate to follow a local for about 3 miles one day through about 3' of water and saw the stumps passing as we went by them. I must admit that I did not have the testicular fortitude to continue down said voyage

The lakes are dangerous at any depth.Some areas are just worse then others.Simple enough!

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    "you can see the stumps you need to avoid"

Knowing what is in that lake made me laugh at that statement. I was fortunate to follow a local for about 3 miles one day through about 3' of water and saw the stumps passing as we went by them. I must admit that I did not have the testicular fortitude to continue down said voyage
    I remember one year when the lake was down very low during our March trip. I was running right in my buddy's (local) wake past Spier's Landing and saw stumps being exposed about 5 foot to the side of his wake!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I remember one year when the lake was down very low during our March trip. I was running right in my buddy's (local) wake past Spier's Landing and saw stumps being exposed about 5 foot to the side of his wake!
    The difference between Santee and alot of other lakes is when you find a stump, it is the hardest material on this planet. I think Inky has hollowed most of those stumps out and filled them with rebar and concrete

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    The difference between Santee and alot of other lakes is when you find a stump, it is the hardest material on this planet. I think Inky has hollowed most of those stumps out and filled them with rebar and concrete
    I did that when I planted them.