Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 z519 Pump Out Stopped Working

My pump out is not pumping out anymore on my 2018 z519. I checked the fuse and I shot water through the hoses with the garden hose. I also pulled the fill Spigot out, timer off, and switched to recirculate. It was working and then stopped. Not sure what I am missing. I also took spigot out and made sure there was nothing lodged in there. Seems to me it might be a bad pump. If I remember correctly I have 3 pumps and a bilge or 2 pumps and a bilge. Not sure which ones control which. I would take it to the dealer, however, if its a easy fix I would rather do that then be without my boat forever. Any idea's?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    There is no separate pump for the pumpout. It’s all controlled by the red valve. If you pulled the valve out to the correct position, switched to recirculate, and it started to pump out but then stopped, I’d say either there is an obstruction somewhere in the line, or else the valve “slipped” just enough so that it was no longer in the pumpout position. The clog, if there is one, could be anywhere, not just in the valve. Try calling your dealer; maybe he has an idea for you to try.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thanks. Not sure what you mean by the valve slipped. Anyway, I will give them a call.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    What I meant was, maybe the valve wasn’t fully in the pumpout position, so that internal water flow could move the valve and allow it to bypass the pumpout. That’s just a guess. I’ve tried moving my valve to the pumpout position before but didn’t quite get it where it needed to be. It didn’t pump out well, if at all, when not fully in the correct alignment.

5. Member
    Oh okay, thanks

6. Member
    If both of your livewells are aerating then the pump out valve is problem but there is hardly anything can go wrong with it if the livewells are not aerating then you got a pump problem with pump that is leading up to pump out

7. Member
    Livewells pump in and aerate. All seems great except the pump out. The valve doesnt seem like some high tech thing. I need to take a picture of it - Its just a stem with a cut out. Push in and the sleeve goes to one tube. Pull out to another tube. Its not like a ball valve of anything. Unless the ball fell out some how.

8. Member
    Look in your livewell unless they changed the style you should be able to remove the head by twisting and pulling on it it rides on a rubber gasket

9. Member

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Backflush from pumpout hole on the transom and see what happens use a waterhose leave the head unscrewed

11. Member
    I actually just stuck a vacuum to the pump out on the transom and it defiantly sucked out water. I can use the hose also in just a bit. I suppose if I can push water through with the hose and then out with the vacuum - I am probably looking at a pump??

12. Member
    Water came through to the livewells from the transom with a garden hose.

13. Member
    I have no idea how the plumbing is with the pump out, but is it possible that a hose fell off the pump out? Just throwing this out there.........

M

14. Member
    Hoses are defiantly connected. Thanks.

15. Member
    Just an update. Called Ranger and spoke with Jason (super nice and helpful). He is sending me out a new "shower head" (in the pic above).

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thanks for the update, Danny. Let us know how it works out from this point. I never use the pumpout feature on my boats, but someone certainly could benefit from your experience.

17. Member
    Well, replaced the spigot and that did not solve the issue. I did take the cover off the motor pump to verify it was working and spinning, which it is. I did notice Saturday, that the pump in, was low following into the livewell. Will be calling Ranger Monday.

18. Banned
    Switch pumps and try I have had pumps that spin when out but not when submerged

19. Member
    I have had a "weak" pump give me fits before. Both pumps were working so I thought everything was fine, come to find out one of my pumps was much weaker than the other. Changed out the weak pump and everything was working good as new.

M

20. Member
    Received a new pump from Ranger yesterday and installed. All is fine now. Pump out and in completely work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast