Balzout Mount vs Ram Mount

Hey guys I have been looking at replacing my ram mount with a balzout mount. Those of you who have replace the 2, does the balzout mount base have the same hole pattern as the 2.25 ram mount base? I am hoping that I don't have to re-drill new hole just use existing holes. Is this possible?
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Member
    I did it but don't remember about the holes. All I can say is my HB has not moved since.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

3. Member
    Yep same hole pattern if my memory is correct

4. Member
    You won’t be disappointed with balzout mounts. Some of my buddies have ram mounts and I’m scared that I’m going to see their units go in the water when running. My hds 12 never moves on the balzout.

5. Member
    I just mounted one on my boat last week and it's the same dimensions on the base as the old Ram mount.

Attached Images Attached Images

It did not match up on my swap. The balzout base has to be lined up. I also went with bigger screws to mount the base.

Screenshot_20180222-015434.jpg
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

7. Member
    Anybody have pictures of one mounted on a console bent straight up?

8. Member
    Here is what I did when I installed my Solix 15 since I already had the Ram mount. I just used an L bracket and rubber stopper from Lowes for a few bucks and made this brace. It's actually a Hurricane L Bracket. I adjusted the unit where I wanted and figured how long I needed to cut the bracket. I drilled a hole large enough so it would go under the wing nut. I recessed the hole in the rubber stopper so the bolt would not make contact with the deck. Just had to cut off the excess by the stopper and paint it. It does NOT budge at all in rough water.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

9. Member
    Kong.

10. Banned
    You guys should get your wife or girlfriends to tighten the Ram mounts. I've got 2 Helix 10's, one at the bow and one at the console mounted on Rams and neither move when running... Either that or start squeezing tennis balls to strengthen you forearms... Dan

I did get my wife to tighten it at first...when that did not work, i used a pair of channel locks. it eventually started to rip the rubber coating. I dont know how the mount on anyones bow can handle the rough stuff.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    You guys should get your wife or girlfriends to tighten the Ram mounts. I've got 2 Helix 10's, one at the bow and one at the console mounted on Rams and neither move when running... Either that or start squeezing tennis balls to strengthen you forearms... Dan
    They even make a cool wrench to help get the unit tight. I set might up over a year ago and it still hasn’t moved.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    You guys that don't have bow RAM mounts move must be in small lakes or rivers. My 7" Simrad ended up almost flat on the deck after running across Toledo Bend on a halfway rough day.

Balzout is well worth the money.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

14. Banned
    Yeah, we've got a little lake called Lake Erie and another small pond called Lake St. Clair... Although I do most of my fishing on a small creek called the Ohio River. Been using Ram Mounts on both the bow and console for over a decade and have never had a problem with them holding a graph in place... Dan