No contour lines on new helix 7 di g2n

I bought a new boat and it had a helix 7 di g2n. Had that moved to the front and put a new helix 7 si g2n at console. Went to Toledo Bend and the bow helix di does not have the lake contour lines but the console si does. They are not networked. I thought they are the same units. Is it possible the one di unit needs an update? Or should I just get a LakeMaster map and forget about the update.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. Banned
    I would do the update and would be a good idea to get Lakemaster if the lakes youfish are covered.Had a Helix 7si g2n bought last April and had to do the update,you can buy the update from Humminbird if you have slow or no internet.

3. Member
    If you aren't using a map SD card in either unit then the one unit showing contour lines may have the basemap loaded and the newer unit does not.
    Networking is irrelevant since maps are not shared on helix.
    The basemap download is very large, around 8GB if I recall. Use a 16GB SD card to perform the update.
    Lakemaster is of course more detailed but keep in mind you'll need to purchase 2, one for each unit, if you want the same maps in both.

4. Member
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    If you aren't using a map SD card in either unit then the one unit showing contour lines may have the basemap loaded and the newer unit does not.
    Networking is irrelevant since maps are not shared on helix.
    The basemap download is very large, around 8GB if I recall. Use a 16GB SD card to perform the update.
    Lakemaster is of course more detailed but keep in mind you'll need to purchase 2, one for each unit, if you want the same maps in both.
    The Humminbird Basemap file for the Helix 5 and 7 is smaller, a little over 2GB.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Humminbird Basemap file for the Helix 5 and 7 is smaller, a little over 2GB.
    Yup ~
    The 9-10-12 is like 9GB
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    My buddy just got new Helix 7 on bow and console on his new boat. When you say not networked do you mean they won’t share info at all? Or is it just that he will need two map cards. One for each.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfewiz View Post
    My buddy just got new Helix 7 on bow and console on his new boat. When you say not networked do you mean they won’t share info at all? Or is it just that he will need two map cards. One for each.
    Only the G2N models of Helix 7 can be networked via Ethernet.
    No Helix models will share mapping, they share most other data.
    If you want added map data in both, then both would need a map card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL