Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I don't care if the Endurance is the best tire ever made, Goodyear will never see another penny from me.
    Marathons were junk. Big mistake not trying the new endurance tires but hey it's your money. Endurance made in the USA also!!!

2. Member
    Just ordered mine yesterday from Sams, can't wait to get the Carlisle tires off of the trailer

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Interestingly, this garbage from their Marathons is exactly why I won't give the Endurance a chance. Had two of them on my trailer, both exploded. I don't care if the Endurance is the best tire ever made, Goodyear will never see another penny from me.
    They use to be good until they moved their production to China just like most of the other trailer tires out there including Carlilse. Ranger dropped them because of poor quality. They went with Carlilse even though they are China bombs as well. I was told by Discount Tire that Goodyear is phasing out the Marathons and sticking with their US made Endurance tires. If Chinese tires are what people want and like by all means buy them. I wont run them on my boat trailer again if I have another choice. Like you I had two blow up on me and take out the boat fenders as well. They were not Marathons but Carlisles.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 02-21-2018 at 08:09 PM.

All this Carlisle talk is starting to worry me. I have a 05 trailer it came with Marathons I've replaced only two over the years. I just recently replaced all 4 with the Carlisle's as my tire guy kinda talked them up now I'm a lil skeeeert.

5. Member
    I put 4 new Carlisle’s on my boat trailer. After about a year I noticed the tread was cracking all
    the way around where it met the sidewall. I didn’t take a chance and went ahead and bought a set of maxxis. Don’t think the endurance were out at the time

6. Member
    Mine didn't show any issues until this. I always check air and look at the rubber the evening before going. It was just my turn.

7. Member
    Replacing my tires with endurance getting rid of the junk Chinese tires
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

8. Member
    My second set of Carlisle's wore unevenly at about 2 yrs. Was told the belts were breaking down inside them. Replaced w a new set. Last week blew one and cost me a fender. They were 2 yrs old and at best 3,000 miles. Just replaced with the Endurance. Not sure how they will last but they do ride much better. I WILL NEVER own another Carlisle.

How long have the endurance’s been out, a year or two? Hopefully not but if they have any problems they will start showing up soon. It’s about time there’s an American made ST trailer tire.
    2014 Ranger Z518c - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Humminbird

10. Member
    I just put 4 Endurance on mine, replacing the Carlisle's that came on it. You can look at the difference in the tires, Endurance appears to be a better quality tire, sure hope so!

What tires are currently on new rigs from the Ranger factory?
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    All this Carlisle talk is starting to worry me. I have a 05 trailer it came with Marathons I've replaced only two over the years. I just recently replaced all 4 with the Carlisle's as my tire guy kinda talked them up now I'm a lil skeeeert.
    I will say this, Carlise is a stand up company and if you have a claim and follow their warranty claim rules they will pay for damages. They did twice for me. If they would ever move their production back to the US I would buy them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I will say this, Carlise is a stand up company and if you have a claim and follow their warranty claim rules they will pay for damages. They did twice for me. If they would ever move their production back to the US I would buy them again.
    Hopefully I don't have to find out how good they stand behind their warranty. I like the overall look and style but I'll be keeping a close eye on them for sure.

14. Member
    This thread is scaring me. I had marathons and the belts broke but no blow out. Just a lot of shaking. I replaced them with carlisles last year but now I have a bad vibration. I took them off to have them road force balanced and the tire place showed me they have flat spots on them.

Looks like I may cut my losses and toss them for new endurance tires.

15. Member
    Just replaced my flat spotted Carlisle’s with Goodyear endurance. Don’t have any miles on them yet so I can’t speak for how they perform.

16. Member
    I've had my Endurance tires on my 2007 single axle for a year come the end of March. The day I had them installed I left for a 500 mile round trip and I fish most weekends sometimes both days with about a 60 mile round trip to the lake, the tires have done great so far. They don't come with as much tread as a lot of others but I haven't noticed much wear and I keep them at 65lb cold.

17. Banned
    You guys are scaring me, I did have two blowouts on my last ranger with goodyear marathons, so I put Carisles on it. I have Carisles on my 2014 Ranger and I was planning on changing them after 5 years.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    You guys are scaring me, I did have two blowouts on my last ranger with goodyear marathons, so I put Carisles on it. I have Carisles on my 2014 Ranger and I was planning on changing them after 5 years.
    My tire pic is from my 2014 Ranger which I checked tires and pressure before every trip to the lakes I fish. Most lakes I fish are within 30 miles of my house.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    Five years , I heard that you should replace after three years.
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

20. Member
    Man, this thread is going to cost me $500. I looked at the date code on my marathon tires and they were made in 07. The still look brand new. I am ordering Endurance tires this weekend. Planning a trip to Fla next month and don't want any problems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast