Transom Mounted Trolling Motors - Tracker 190TX

Good Afternoon All

I fish a few electric only lakes by my neck of the woods and I typically would add a 55# 12v transom mount to my old Tracker Grizzly 1448.

Well I have since upgraded to a Tracker 190TX and would still like to have something in the back for the extra push. So here are my questions.

1. I have a group 27 cranking battery with all my electronics. Could I use this battery to power the transom motor without concerns?

2. I've seen the dual purpose batteries (crank and deep cycle), thoughts and opinions on these?

Appreciate all knowledge in advance.

Thanks!
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

2. Member
    TTT, anyone? I can't be the only person trying to quickly chug around a gas boat on electric only lakes. Lol.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

PM, WayneP. He has a pretty advanced electric Tracker

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    The transom mounted TM will probably be better suited to run on at least a 31series deep cycle battery, totally dedicated for trolling.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moecarama View Post
    The transom mounted TM will probably be better suited to run on at least a 31series deep cycle battery, totally dedicated for trolling.
    Correct, the issue is space back there on the compartment. Can’t fit another Deep Cycle :(
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

6. Member
    How about the side storage area in the rear; you might have to remove the plastic liner and install a battery tray to catch possible spills.

My son runs a 80 lb 24 volt on his tracker 190, has 3/12 volt 29 group batteries. 1 cranking and 2 TM. 2 power pole pumps and a charger.
    Tight fit but it’s in there
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    PM, WayneP. He has a pretty advanced electric Tracker
    I use a deep cycle battery as a starting battery and 1/2 of the voltage for my transom 24V trolling motor when I fish electric-only waters--just did that yesterday. It's a group 29.
    Most of the time on electric-only waters, I use a group 24 deep cycle size sitting on the floor next to the bow deck to run my bow unit/s. Yesterday I was using that for a SOLIX 12 at the bow and the "starting battery" for the Helix 12 at the bow. I was testing stuff and fishing.

I use a continuous duty coil solenoid to turn the transom motor on/off with a Bigfoot switch at the bow.
    It's the one that is used for the winch lockout on ATV's with contacts rated for about 120A.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I use a deep cycle battery as a starting battery and 1/2 of the voltage for my transom 24V trolling motor when I fish electric-only waters--just did that yesterday. It's a group 29.
    Most of the time on electric-only waters, I use a group 24 deep cycle size sitting on the floor next to the bow deck to run my bow unit/s. Yesterday I was using that for a SOLIX 12 at the bow and the "starting battery" for the Helix 12 at the bow. I was testing stuff and fishing.

I use a continuous duty coil solenoid to turn the transom motor on/off with a Bigfoot switch at the bow.
    It's the one that is used for the winch lockout on ATV's with contacts rated for about 120A.
    Ever have any issues firing up the gas with the deep cycle? I may look into dual purpose cranking/deep cycle to fit the needs of both the gas motor and the trolling motor. Just don't really have much experience with them since I've never really needed to.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80