Best and worst parts about buying a new boat

Since the ice still isn’t off here, and we’re just chewing the fat on the Internet, what do you consider the best and worst parts about buying a new boat? For example, a guy on another BBC forum posted yesterday that his toughest decision after deciding to order a boat was the color combination.

My choice for best part: anticipation of the new features on this boat versus the previous one.

My choice for worst part: the day I realize that no amount of expenditure or careful planning ever results in 100% satisfaction. Usually, just to get the ball rolling, my “perfect appearance” that I spent months orchestrating gets a big scratch or ding within a few weeks of use. Every new technology also has a steep learning curve, plus its own flaws or weaknesses. In theory, I love all bass boats, because the grass does look greener in other pastures.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. Member
    Best part is the thrill and excitement. It's getting a setup that you feel will optimize your skills and best fit your needs. All the things that I will now be able to do vs before when I couldn't type of excitement. Of course you could of done those things now with some mods or upgrades to an existing rig.

the worst is the new warring off. Seems to happen pretty quick in a new boat. I take care of mine best I can but still use it. My rig is a 2015 and still in love with it just as much as the day I brought it home. It gets a little added character every year.

3. Member
    it’s one thing to buy one on the floor, but to order it and waiting in anticipation and making sure it was exactly what you wanted, knowing you just wrote a BIG check. making sure color was correct, and example is the seats and. interior vinyl.

that would suck waiting and seeing color was off, or if a stripe was the wrong color, stressing about that waiting

them of course the beat part is enjoying it, provided no issues. small things I am hoping dealer takes care of, but say for instance you had gelcoat issues knowing you will be without a boat for an extended amount of time

tje other big thing is reading all those manuals with the latest technology and of course engine break in :)

I think a good dealer can make all the difference in the world

4. Banned
    I also had trouble picking colors the last couple of times. Walking into the showroom and seeing your boat is an awesome feeling. Knowing you ordered it with all the accessories and checking them out is just too much fun. My layout changed from my last Ranger so setting all my compartments up was a blast.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by padronanniversary View Post
    it’s one thing to buy one on the floor, but to order it and waiting in anticipation and making sure it was exactly what you wanted, knowing you just wrote a BIG check. making sure color was correct, and example is the seats and. interior vinyl.

I think a good dealer can make all the difference in the world
    I’ve said that often. ^ Another highly satisfying moment is when you drive away with the new boat for the first time...and you know the dealer has your back if anything isn’t up to snuff. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve driven home with a new car or truck and hoped I wouldn’t find anything wrong with it, because it might be a hassle getting it taken care of. My Ranger dealer hides it really well if he doesn’t like to take my calls, after the sale just as much as before the sale. Treatment like that goes a long way.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    The best part for me was placing the order and colors.

Worst part was the wait since I had already sold my other rig. And of course the thought in the back of my mind about that very first scratch that was bound to happen.