Garmin Striker+ 7SV vs Echomap+ 65CV

1st post, pardon my lengthy question.

Looking to upgrade my electronics to a unit in the $700 CAD range and I’ve narrowed it down to these two units, based on my perceived bang for my buck. Basically the trade off between the two(as far as I know), is a little screen size difference(not that important to me since I’m currently using a 4”), the striker has Side View and the EchoMap has built in maps.Is there anything I’m missing?

They both have “Quickdraw” mapping capabilities so are the preloaded maps going to be very useful to me?

I typically fish about 3-5 lakes that I know fairly well but built in maps may open some opportunities in some nearby lakes here in Northern Saskatchewan and typically target walleye, pike and lakers.

I appreciate the help in advance folks! Links attached :

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/59.../010-01891-00#

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/59.../010-01874-03#

2. Member
    I know the dilemma, I spend most of my time fishing small lakes that aren’t mapped at all. So the Striker not having mapping would not be a handicap. But I occasionally fish a nearby large reservoir and the mapping is needed there.

In your case, I’d go with the Striker because the side view feature. You will be amazed at all the things you have never noticed before.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

3. Member
    I agree about going with the Striker 7sv with one caveat. The decision to get the Striker means that if you ever decided to get Panoptix you would have to also buy another unit.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.