Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Nobody on here wants a second console , until they see one of the young pro's with them .
    I seriously doubt that but if thinking that makes you happy so be it!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DvKing View Post
    What was the water temperature on the lake that day?
    Very low 50's
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    I seriously doubt that but if thinking that makes you happy so be it!
    I'm happy !!!!!

4. dartag1829
    Anything said before the release of the Final Report is Pure Speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Anything said before the release of the Final Report is Pure Speculation.
    Sure......

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    I understand your speech will be for cold water safety. This suggestion is to perhaps prevent a passenger from being ejected into the water. A large percentage of single console bass boats do not have grab bars or "chicken" handles for a passenger. Even some dual console boats do not have a grab bar or chicken handles for a passenger.

Vessel owners who do not have them should install them. Tournament Directors should require grab bars or safety handles for any team event for a passenger.

From here on out, the coastguard should make it a mandatory safety item for all manufactures to install grab bars or chicken handles in every vessel.

I'm not saying this will 100% guarantee no one will ever be ejected out of a vessel but, it does provide another measure of safety. Much like a life jacket.
    If you saw pictures of the wrecked boat against the rocks it was a just about new ranger with a G2, I am fairly sure that boat had "oh sh*t" handles

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend 2013 View Post

He was not found on the bottom he was found floating
    Wrong, he was found with side scan and divers had to go recover him http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_arti...gler-recovered

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Wrong, he was found with side scan and divers had to go recover him http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_arti...gler-recovered
    Wrong again... Nick was caught in a commercial fisherman's net... A guy that has fished this lake commercially for years... they are all pissed..

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    What are they all pissed at?

10. Banned
    At the story saying he was found by side imaging and recovered by a diver?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    What are they all pissed at?
    Who wants to go to work and drag up a body?...

12. Member
    Yeah that would do it.

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If the fisherman knew there was a victim out there somewhere,,,,what is the reason for anger?? It's not like Nik wanted to be there.

14. Member
    They are angered because the authorities are saying ",We used our high dollar sonar equipment and training that we forced y'all to pay for to find him". When in reality there probably isn't anyone in the department that even knows how to use it.

Kinda like in other cases where they report using canines or other specialized equipment that costs taxpayers a ton, to locate a criminal and take them into custody, when the actual fact of the matter is that the dude walked into the sheriff's office and turned himself in.
    Just little White lies to make everyone think they are spending money wisely and doing their job in superior fashion.

Otherwise known as "politics".
    Last edited by SMR; 02-20-2018 at 01:40 AM.

15. Member
    Don't believe everything you read. But then what do I know. I only heard from the fisherman that found him.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

16. Member
    Here is a quote from the article you linked. It clearly says there's conflicting info.
    A message left with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission was not immediately returned. A separate source told BassFan Kayler was found using side-image sonar and a diver was able to retrieve his body. According to FLW, Kayler’s body was recovered from the lake near Clewiston by a commercial vessel.

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_arti...#ixzz57eb4XK80

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick2268 View Post
    OMG!!! Did not mean to start all of this; if this is how congress behaves it's no wonder they can't get anything done. I was just wondering if the specifics of how the fatality occurred had been made public. I intend to use the incident as one many recent incidents to emphasize the need to educate ones self on how to increase one's odds of surviving such an incident.

Now; if it was an FLW event, and big motor was running I guarendamntee you that he was wearing some form of PFD! So, was it traditional and couldn't support his weight or the combination of wet clothes? Was it an inflatable that didn't inflate? Did he become disoriented due to hypothermia and come out of his vest? This was stuff I was inquiring about.
    I commend you for wanting to use FACTS in your presentation. I actually typed out a response to some of the posts made on this subject \, but after reading it, I scrubbed it. There are some very fine people here and then there are

18. Member
    History tells us that 99% of boating accidents are the result of pilot error. Same with aviation although the % is less as occasionally mechanical issues cause crashes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123