Talon bracket dimensions

Anybody know the original Talon bracket mounting dimensions? I'm talking about just the factory included bracket that flat mounts to the transom. I'm hoping to avoid the sandwich brackets unless I just need to. Can't seem to find the dimensions or even a template that I could lay on the transom and see if it will work before I have to order the sandwich ones. If it matters, it would probably be for the 12'.

Thanks in advance!

What is your application? If you're mounting to an aluminum transom you won't need an adapter bracket. If you have a fiberglass bass boat you will need an adapter bracket i. E. Sandwich or Jack Plate adapter. If you are mounting to an aluminum transom Minn Kota.com customer service should be able to give you those dimensions. If you can't get help from them PM me and I will try to get you a measurement off of my Talon bracket.
    Scott Inman

3. Member
    I want to flat mount it with the factory bracket to my transom. See first pic. I might possibly need the factory setback pic 2. So I just need the dimensions of the factory flat bracket that is included with the unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you mounting it to fiberglass/ gel coat?
    Scott Inman

5. Member
    yes....thru the hull/transom
    unless that's not recommended.

I am by no means the expert however, I believe the area of which you'd be bolting the bracket to the transom is so small that the weight and pressure in that small of an area could cause the transom and or gel coat to crack. The face of my bracket is 6" tall by 5" wide, and the 4 bolt holes are 5/16" and are approx. 3/4" from the corners. (my Talon is a 1st generation/ 8') If it were an aluminum transom I would consider the direct mount option, but I don't think the fiberglass transom will hold up unless you could span an area greater than 6"x5". I hope this helps!
    Scott Inman

7. Member
    That's what I needed...thanks!!!

8. Member
    the sandwich bracket would be a much better option than to drill thru the transom of your boat.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13