Thread: Diet ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diet ?

I need to lose 50 to 60 lbs. I've never tried to lose weight before. What diets have yall had Foo success with? How do I get started?
    Thanks Joseph

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Eat a lot less. Avoid anything with added sugar. The end.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Eat a lot less. Avoid anything with added sugar. The end.
    Hey!! I was going to say that!!

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    start with not looking at it as a "diet" and start with a lifestyle change. Personally, I like to keep things simple. Stop eating processed foods. Thats all you need to do and you will lose weight. You want to be more efficient at losing weight, add in some exercise.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Banned
    Drop sodas and all the fatty snack foods. Drink more water and start moving around some.

6. Member
    stop drinking any beverages with sugar in them.

stop eating doritos or potato chips

stop eating candy

cake, ice cream, cookies and donuts will all make you fat if you let them.

match your intake to your activity level. if you have a manual labor job you can eat more - if you sit at a desk you have to eat less.

just by doing those things you will lose your 50lbs - it will take a year.

i grocery shop every week and i always look in the carts of fat people. people are fat because of what they eat and how much they eat. i can comment on fat people as i used be be fat (i still consider myself fat) although i'm lighter now than i was when i graduated HS 36 years ago. I'm type ii diabetic and probably could have avoided it if i watched what i ate my entire life instead of just the past 10-12 years.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Member
    My biggest problem will be coke a cola. I'll have to ween myself off of them. I'm fairly active all day. I rarely just sit in the office. I'm usually out and about on job sites. I think of I can drop the sodas I'll start losing weight. Stopping the candy and that sort of stuff will be no problem. All I normally drink is sodas. I'm going to try to get down to one a day to start with for the first week then try to cut them out to one every other day and work my way off them by drinking less every week.
    One step at a time.

All I drink is coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day. NO SODA! I cut out all breads (except for my two slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and honey in the morning) and pasta's. Cut out the processed foods, eating lots of veggies (and not smothered in cheese), have done zero exercise and I'm down 10 lbs in three weeks.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

9. Member
    Think its also a good idea to go with an app like My fitness pal where you can log your calorie intake to help keep track and hold yourself accountable.

10. Member
    Nutrisystem......eat the food, lose the weight!
    2006 Ranger 520VX w 225 Mercury optimax
    He who knows not, and knows not, that he knows not, is a Fool.
    Alabama....Roll Tide!!!

11. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20basstriton View Post
    My biggest problem will be coke a cola. I'll have to ween myself off of them. I'm fairly active all day. I rarely just sit in the office. I'm usually out and about on job sites. I think of I can drop the sodas I'll start losing weight. Stopping the candy and that sort of stuff will be no problem. All I normally drink is sodas. I'm going to try to get down to one a day to start with for the first week then try to cut them out to one every other day and work my way off them by drinking less every week.
    One step at a time.
    Just cut them out entirely. It’ll be easier than you think.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Just cut them out entirely. It’ll be easier than you think.
    And get some Excedrin, it has caffeine in it so it will help if you get caffeine headaches. I've got in a habit of drinking coffee or unsweet tea more than anything the last two years and lately I've noticed by about 2 PM if I haven't had any caffeine that day.

13. Member
    Also did Nutrisystem. Down 25lbs but more importantly, I’ve learned portion control and cut out all the crap that was making me gain weight. No chips, bread, candy, ice cream, etc. If you do their plan, it’s pretty easy. Just eat what they give you, add in some vegetables and if you want to lose faster, hit the gym.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

14. Member
    Google PS1000 diet...I started it November 6th at 253lbs...as of today I am at 198. It works if you apply yourself. There is a support group on facebook for all your questions. I can answer any questions probably if you PM me. Key things to do is stick to the allowed foods...drink the recommended amount of water every day no matter what...food prep on the weekends.

Cut 75% of my carbs and sugar per day....lost 17 n oct and kept it off.

16. Member
    Started about a month ago and am down 17 lbs from cutting out soda and pretty much any processed food. Cutting all the carbs I can. For you guys what do you try to have your carb intake for the day to be? My biggest issue is breakfast right now, have been doing low fat Greek yogurt but still has carbs. I'm not much of an egg person, can do them scrambled but that's about it and don't even care to do that everyday.

17. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter08i View Post
    Started about a month ago and am down 17 lbs from cutting out soda and pretty much any processed food. Cutting all the carbs I can. For you guys what do you try to have your carb intake for the day to be? My biggest issue is breakfast right now, have been doing low fat Greek yogurt but still has carbs. I'm not much of an egg person, can do them scrambled but that's about it and don't even care to do that everyday.
    You need to watch falling into the trap of starving yourself to lose weight. You need carbs, protein and fat in your diet to stay healthy and to avoid craving food between meals. You need to find a way to eat that you can stick with for the rest of your life. Instead of looking for the least possible calories in a meal, look for a reasonable meal that won't leave you hungry. Greek Yogurt is fine for breakfast. I'd add something with some fiber like a piece of fruit or some yogurt.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

18. Member
    The little caffeine I get is from is from unsweetened tea or coffee. I have cut out 99% of soft drinks. I eat maybe 20 or 30 carbs a day. MOVE!!

Dont think of what ever you do as a “diet”, think of it as a lifestyle change. Lastly make sure to let your doc know what you’re doing!

19. Banned
    If what you are eating is white, cut it out. Stick to eating green veggies and broiled lean meats. Avoid all processed foods like lunch meat. Eat fruit in place of desserts.

Fish more and eat more of what you catch.

If you eat at fast food places for convenience, stick to their salads with low calorie dressings.

Get yourself a low carb cookbook.

20. Member
    Eat nothing but meat, eggs and cheese for 30 days (NO sugar at all) and drink nothing but water, quick way to lose 25-30 lbs. Eat all you want (do NOT get hungry) but the first two weeks will suck. Then the pounds will fall off quick, no exercise needed. You can continue that until you reach your ideal weight, then add carbs back at 10 grams per day until you gain one pound and that is your carb set point. If you never eat any more cram grams than that daily you will never gain back the weight, even with no exercise. Worked for me, until I fell of of the wagon with carbs again, it does not help that my set point is 30 grams of carbs per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast