Front unit problems..

Hey guys, looking for a little advice on a issue i keep having with my trolling motor mounted helix units....I had the same issue with the boat I ran last year which had a helix 10 di g2n unit, my current boat now has a gen 1 helix 10 si unit with the non mega si transducer mounted on the trolling motor(ultrex) with a transducer shield and saver mount. The issue Ive been experiencing with both boats is erratic depth readings(generally when im on the trolling motor but random at times) and Ive talked to several other guys at tournaments who are experiencing the same issue. My g2 mega 12 runs flawlessly at the console so this issue seems to be isolated at the front of the boat. The other issue im having is something i havnt experienced in prior boats, I noticed yesterday that on down imaging and 2d the bottom (which was fairly smooth in the area) appeared as a rough, swiggly line and the picture didnt seem to be as clear and crisp as ive come to expect on humminbird units in the past. This is the first time Ive ever had a si transducer mounted on the trolling motor, any recommended settings to try that might clear that up?... any advice on what steps i need to take next would be greatly appreciated.

Post some screen shots of what you are experiencing.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Ill try to take it out after work one night this week and get some pictures of the image issue, as far as the erratic depth readings Ive checked the fuse in the trolling motor head, checked out the trolling motor prop area for fishing line, prop shaft looks straight..one thing to note is when on DI view the depth lines on the side of the screen stay accurate, its just the depth readout up in the corner that will randomly shoot up to 75-300 feet while the trolling motor is in use.

4. Member
    I had same issue on my 1197. I turned off the depth finder off at console and tried the front 1197 and noticed the erratic depth readings stopped. Turned console unit back on and again erratic readings at bow. Replaced the trolling motor transducer and still did not resolve the issue. So when I used bow unit, I turn the transducer off at console and use bow. Try that and see if it fixes it..