Dear International Olympic Committee

What the hell could a Russian Curler possibly get out of doping up for his sport???? Save me the training aspect in the gym stuff... lil yoga maybe... You have got to be kidding me....curling....sliding a rock across the ice... and odd form of shuffleboard on ice with roughly 40 pound stones...it's not like you're throwing them to the end of the lane....this drug in question was developed for heart patients...same drug that Sharapova busted out on few years ago....curling... seriously...might as well say marijuana is a performance enhancer while you're at it...

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter1...spected-doping
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    I don't know why they allow any Russian athletes participate. If they banned the ROC for "systematic doping", it would seem they should not any of their athletes participate. Yeah, I know it's suppose to only be the "clean" ones, but look how many years Lance Armstrong got away with it, all while testing clean.
    John

3. Member
    Marijuana is a performance enhancer.
    Praying for a Cure

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Better question would be why would you dope as a curler??

If the rules say none, then after all the training why risk it!

got to laugh, we gave a dedicated curling facility in town. Not a rink used for curling, a certified curling center. Last night was talking with a parent who has kid really into it taking about the training and Diet. In my head I was thinking diet? really? Hey guess it's that serious.

6. dartag1829
    Curling has the Allure to people because you watch It having No Idea what is going on. My wife is addicted to it. Got to admit listening to the Ladies screaming " Harder " is not bad. Every 4 years we see it on TV so I captivates us.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I don't know why they allow any Russian athletes participate. If they banned the ROC for "systematic doping", it would seem they should not any of their athletes participate. Yeah, I know it's suppose to only be the "clean" ones, but look how many years Lance Armstrong got away with it, all while testing clean.
    Lance Armstrong didn't test clean(every time). He just paid off the labs, uci, etc. Look up Chris Froome who has won the tour several years in a row. Failed for double the amount allowed of controlled substance at one of the Grand tours and has yet to be punished(he won the race). In fact if not for a media leak nobody would know. They are claiming it being double to .00 is a physiological problem and not a team screw up. I don't buy it. If they want to clean up the sport you have to immediately be out of the race and either quickly resolve it or not be able to race until it is solved.

8. Member
    Curling is not a sport.....it’s a game. Just like shuffleboard.

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Marijuana is a performance enhancer.
    MJ is a well known performance enhancing drug used by athletes who compete in the world championship of Cheetos eating!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    MJ is a well known performance enhancing drug used by athletes who compete in the world championship of Cheetos eating!
    The pros enter the Dorito contest.......

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    What the hell could a Russian Curler possibly get out of doping up for his sport???? Save me the training aspect in the gym stuff... lil yoga maybe... You have got to be kidding me....curling....sliding a rock across the ice... and odd form of shuffleboard on ice with roughly 40 pound stones...it's not like you're throwing them to the end of the lane....this drug in question was developed for heart patients...same drug that Sharapova busted out on few years ago....curling... seriously...might as well say marijuana is a performance enhancer while you're at it...

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter1...spected-doping
    Getting any Russian athlete to not dope in any kind of competition is like trying to keep your dog from licking his nuts. It's what they do.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

12. Member
    I like curling. I looks like something I could actually do AND I could compete while actually drinking a beer.

I did read up on this drug and it actually does kinda sorta make sense...for some athletes... As it can open up the vessels and allow more blood flow but seriously...it's curling... c'mon...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpy View Post
    I like curling. I looks like something I could actually do AND I could compete while actually drinking a beer.
    There were always the few that took it seriously, but most of the people I knew growing up that curled were in it for the camaraderie and the partying at the tournaments!

15. Member
    Makes no sense to me.

16. Member
    I did read up on this drug and it actually does kinda sorta make sense...for some athletes... As it can open up the vessels and allow more blood flow but seriously...it's curling... c'mon...

Perhaps to return quicker from an injury?

17. Member
    more blood flow = more oxygen
    more oxygen to muscles = less fatigue

It's a standardization thing, as you can't say if you compete in A,B,C events, these substances are ok, but if you compete in X,Y,Z events these substances are banned. Same list of banned substances for everyone.

BUT that doesn't take away from the fact......it's still curling!

18. Member
    Same reason some football teams dope......to gain an advantage����������