Helix 10 G2n Si mega on aluminum boat

I just purchased a Helix 10 SI G2n mega. I installled this on a 1999 SeaArk Zx180 aluminum bass boat. I did not get a Chance to test it today with all the rain and high water we have.

It does not look like there are a lot of good places for the transducer to be placed because of the hull design. I installed the transducer level with the bottom of the boat in the same location as my other humminbird transducer. I got good readings from that transducer.

I am concerned about hitting the transducer on something. I would like to get it up out of the way. However, I do not have a jack plate to place it in. I have a transducer board from Burt’s custom tackle not installed yet. I have also considered the transducer shield spring bracket or the SternMate bracket. Not real sure what is the best way to get great readings and keep transducer out of way from striking an object.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    a picture might help.....also could try calling seaark and see if they have a suggestion......
    2016 Tracker pro team 175txw 75hp 4 stroke
    helix 12 si console helix 10 di and helix 10 si bow and ulterra 80 i-pilot link and transom 360 and Garmin 126sv and Livescope

3. Member
    Here is a photo of what is on my Sea Ark ProCat 240 for transducer mounting. If you have a local welding shop, they could weld a similar bent piece of 5052 aluminum for this.

Attached Images Attached Images