Talon won’t deploy fully

I need you help. I have a pair of 12’ Talons. The starboard side works perfectly. The port side won’t deploy passed 4’. I’ve tried remote, foot remote, and controls on the Talon. What are my next steps? Try manual?

Im looking for a little advice to try and fix the problem. Thanks Coach

2. Member
    Look on the side of the Talon there is a spring that pushes in to unlock the 2nd stage it may not push in far enough{ pressure } to release the talon, Deploy the talon and stand there and watch. You need to lay them down otherwise you may not be able to deploy far enough to see

3. Member
    The 4' is deploying the spike. What happens when the second stage starts (noise?) Try taking the top off and running a pressure washer hose through the stages. Sometimes mud/debris will cause these to seize. Otherwise, the gibs can loosen and cause them to seize also. usually when that happens, it sounds like metal on metal trying to deploy.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Hope to take a look and try some of the suggestions. Thanks guys.

When I hit the down button, they both sound the same to me. One goes all the way down, and the other stops with 2 lights showing. Coach

Got the same problem, one goes all the way down, one stops with two lights. Funny thing is, when you lay it down, it will extend all the way. It's clean and lubricated, but you try and deploy it while it is vertical, it stops with two lights on?
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

6. Member
    Ok, latch is hanging up for 2nd stage. What do I do?

7. Member
    Change the latch, spring, and pin.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Take the spring off bend it to give it more tension when it presses on the black latch re install with new rivet, you'll have to drill out the old rivet to get the spring off. This will fix it unless the latch or the spring is broken

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kah3710 View Post
    Take the spring off bend it to give it more tension when it presses on the black latch re install with new rivet, you'll have to drill out the old rivet to get the spring off. This will fix it unless the latch or the spring is broken

That is way way above my handyman skills. I need up taking it off since I don’t have tilt brackets. Laid on back deck and deployed and retracted several times. The latch was catching. I pressed in with a screwdriver to make it deploy fully and few times. Ended up doing some work on the latch and it started working. Worked fine on Saturday at the lake, so we will see how it goes from now on. Thanks for the help. Coach