I have a soluton for Helix to Solix GPS Transfer

I know there are issues when transferring the gpx Helix files to Solix units. I have written some commands that will correct those issues. I have analyzed the file structures of both Helix and Solix files and have discovered the reason for the problems. The Solix units use a different naming scheme for its symbols. There are some symbol names that are identical and those will transfer correctly. There are 22 Helix symbols that are the "same" in BOTH the Helix and Solix units but have a slightly different names. These names MUST be changed so the Solix Units will recognize them.
    Here are just a few examples:
    Helix unit: Bridge Icon, Camp, Drop Off, Restricted Area, Rock Pile
    Solix Unit: Bridge, Camping, Drop_Off , Restricted_Area, Rock_Pile (Notice the_ in the last 3 name, it must be there)
    The 2 that are misspelled in the Helix units: Macheral and Playround Which obviously should be Mackerel and Playground. This is part of the units programming and cannot be changed unless Humminbird programmers decide to correct them.
    I have created a file that contains all the Helix Names and the Solix Names. I have also created a document that contains the commands to correct everything. The Solix units also have a "Color" option. My commands also include adding this to the Helix symbols so they will load in the color of your choosing. There are 15 colors the Solix Units use which is also contained in my document. The process is very EASY to do and doesn't take any special software. It can be done on any PC and I assume on any Mac. The time it takes to convert everything will be related to how many different symbol types you use. You will have to run the commands for however many different symbol types you use. I don't use too many different symbol types so it didn't take me long. You will be able to just copy and paste the commands, then you will only have to type in the Symbols and Colors you want to use. The only other option you have to decide will be, if you want just the Symbol to be visible or the Symbol AND Waypoint Name to be visible. That is also included in the commands. There will be just 2 commands to run for each symbol type. I will post the procedures but would like to do some testing with some other peoples files. I have loaded the converted file to my Solix 12 and both of my Solix 15 units and it worked perfectly. If there are 2 or 3 volunteers that are willing to send me their Helix Files, I will convert them and see if it works on my units. I don't want anyone "Secret" spots so you can delete them if you would like, besides I don't fish tournaments anymore and fish Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn almost exclusively. So if anyone is interested just let me know.
    Last edited by Mike2718; 02-18-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

2. 2006 Ranger Comanche Z20
    Hi Mike I am in the process of buying a helix 10 and a solix 12, so i guess I am going to need your instructions on how to fix those files. And i can probably send you a few files to help you out. Mat here.

3. Member
    Hi Mat,
    That would be great. I have written 3 different scripts depending on the user's computer skills. The one that requires no computer skills takes just a little longer but really isn't bad. You just have to know how to copy and paste. I have written the scripts/commands in Microsoft PowerShell, Microsoft Excel and Notepad. There will be 2 options you need to decide before converting your file. The first option is the color you want your symbols to be and the second option is whether you want your symbols to be displayed with or without the waypoint name. This is the actual name of the waypoint. There are only 15 colors the Solix units can recognize. I'll give you the list of colors. You can pick the color you want for each of your symbol types. I can even add groups if you want to go ahead and put certain symbols in different groups. I didn't write the original scripts to do this but shouldn't be a problem to do this. There is a character limit for group names. I can send you the instructions/files if everything appears to work after I can do some testing. It shouldn't take me more than a few minutes for me to convert the file then analyze the file code. I'll even send you the converted file. I'm also looking for any Lowrance "converts" that are willing to let me look at their files. I may be able to modify my scripts to convert Lowrance files to either Helix or Solix formats.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

4. 2006 Ranger Comanche Z20
    Right now I am using HumminbirdPC to store all my waypoints, as soon as i get my unit's installed, i want to transfer my waypoints to the new units. I am skilled in some areas of computers, but definitely not an expert. So if it's ok with you i want to wait untill i get my units. But I still can send you some files, you will have to give me step by step instructions. Talk to you soon

5. Member
    That’s fine. If you want to go ahead & send me the files, I will start analyzing them and test them to make sure everything will work. You should be ready to go when your get your units installed.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

6. 2006 Ranger Comanche Z20
    ok well i need instructions on how to send you these files.

7. Member
    I sent you a P.M.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike