Thread: Ultrex noise

Ultrex noise

I have had my 45" 80lb ultrex less than a year old and anytime I run the motor the head has a clicking noise coming from it and squeaks some too. I took several videos of it today while on the water. It has been going on for quite a while now and I am to the point I want it fixed. I took the prop off and the shaft is clear of line etc. Any suggestions on what it is/and or what to do. Thanks

2. Member
    This is a video of the motor today while in spot lock

3. Member
    Also, at the end of the video, it looks like the hard rubber "piece" around a cable (that is supposed to be pushed up inside the bottom of the head)... is pulled out and hanging down. Mine was like that when I opened the box, but several people have had it happen because the pull cable catches that grommet (or whatever its called) when you deploy the motor. I used some dishsoap/water to lube it up and a screwdriver to help push the thing back up until it locked into the grooves. Not your problem I'm pretty sure, but you don't want those wires to pull out.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

4. Member
    I can't hear it on the video, but spray some lubricant on top of the steering module where the shaft goes in. There is a bearing there with a seal and sometimes that seal will dry.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]