Fished Kissimmee today, didn't do so great. Questions???

We fished Lake Kissimmee today and didn't do very well. We put in at Joe Overstreet ramp and fished just south of the ramp on the eastside of the lake. Hooked a couple of nice ones but didn't get them into the boat. Not many bites today, was throwing a blue black swim jig, blue black senko, green pumpkin swim jig, and watermelon flake senko. We worked mostly pads. Any suggestions, we would like to go back and fish there some more, getting a little burnt out on fishing the Stick Marsh, only about 1.5 hours from lake Kissimmee?

2. Banned
    Try a hollow body frog,got 18.66#s last week in the same area in a club tx. caught a bunch of 16-17 inch fish,never lost sight of the ramp.two over 5#s.

3. Member
    Okay thanks, was the hollow body frog a swimmer or top water style?

Quote Originally Posted by phupduck View Post
    Try a hollow body frog,got 18.66#s last week in the same area in a club tx. caught a bunch of 16-17 inch fish,never lost sight of the ramp.two over 5#s.

4. Banned
    Booyah pad crasher.

5. Member
    I'll be following this thread to see how you guys do in the pads. I'll be down there the first week of March chasing those largemouth critters.

6. Member
    Fished that area yesterday too, couldnt get a thing on topwater, I was surprised. Had about 15# yesterday and caught probably 20 fish. We flipped pads with a black and blue senko most of the day. Thought we had a good day until we got to weigh in, needed 27 to get in top 10 and 30 for the top 5. Winner missed 40# by a pound...was nuts...
    Last edited by 514F-1; 02-19-2018 at 12:59 PM.

7. Member
    Saw the weights from yesterday, unbelievable! BF was a 12 pound best.

8. Member
    Check out the ABA ram open weights from today...I'd say the bite has turned on! 36 to win and 4 over 10...

http://www.abaopenseries.com/Results18.php?EventID=8894

9. Member
    Got to love Kissimmee... one day.. sucks.... next day... could catch 20-30lbs...