Thread: 15”solix

15”solix

How many of u have 15” on ur console and or bow.
    Pros and cons

2. Member
    I have one up front and one on console. They’re unbelievable but I will say that they’re pretty complex. I’m grateful I had Michael Cimino do the install and Slade Dougharty at lake fork to set it up to optimize picture. As others have stated, if you want plug and play get the helix. If you understand the complexity of the solix and accept there’s a learning curve and A Lot of adjustments then the solix is definitely worth it.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schilling1 View Post
    I have one up front and one on console. They’re unbelievable but I will say that they’re pretty complex. I’m grateful I had Michael Cimino do the install and Slade Dougharty at lake fork to set it up to optimize picture. As others have stated, if you want plug and play get the helix. If you understand the complexity of the solix and accept there’s a learning curve and A Lot of adjustments then the solix is definitely worth it.
    I would definitely agree. I'm a computer nerd so the Solix is a piece of cake. With that said, there is a definite learning curve and you have to be willing to invest the time in order to get the most from it... There is just a lot of capability so that adds to the complexity. I am also a big fan of the touch screen. I had the Onix before and the touch screen on it was problematic. The touch screen on the Solix is much better although still very different from the typical phone touch screen. I don't think you would want anything as sensitive as what you have on your phone while dealing with waves and boat movement.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers