Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need pictures of bassboatseats.com center step/console

I have removed my center seat in my RT188 and trying to decide between the BassCat and the bassboatseats.com storage console. Hard to tell from their website what the plastic one looks like. It has good reviews but worried it will look cheap.
    2015 RT188 Mercury 4 Stroke Laser II 21P
    Helix 12/360 Imaging/Dual Helix 10's/Ultrex

2. Member
    Use the search function within this forum. There's been a ton of topics of people posting those and their own built coin boxes. I'd do it for ya but my phone is being a PITA at the moment.

3. Member
    VERY satisfied with my BassCat.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

I have went through a bunch of old post using the search function. I have seen some great looking ones that people have made. I have also seen lots of pictures of the BassCat step/box but have not found any of the bassboatseats.com box. That's why I started this thread. Several guys saying they have them or have ordered one but no pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jigging15 View Post
    I have went through a bunch of old post using the search function. I have seen some great looking ones that people have made. I have also seen lots of pictures of the BassCat step/box but have not found any of the bassboatseats.com box. That's why I started this thread. Several guys saying they have them or have ordered one but no pictures.
    PM Panama He has one on his RT188. If he does not have a picture he will make one for you.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    PM Panama He has one on his RT188. If he does not have a picture he will make one for you.

Thanks I will hit him up.

7. Member
    If you can't get a picture of the bassboatseat step, I can stop by their store on Tuesday or Wednesday and see if they have one I can look at and get some pics for you.

8. Member
    Take a look at the sticky section, several photos of center coin box installations.

9. Member

There is a picture of mine on about post 77 on this thread....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post8685746

How something looks is subjective to the particular person. I like it. It is very very sturdy. Sometimes down here I fish with a guy that is ex football player. He is 6'5" and over 300# and he walks all over it and likes it. I was sort of disappointed in their "gray" but I fish barefooted sometimes and fish a lot with a guy in back in Florida that fishes bare footed....I also rest my arm on it when driving. The darker black would have burned me at times so I am ok with the color but I would have preferred a real light gray.

The thing is VERY strong and it fit perfectly and was an easy install. It has a lip around the top that makes it waterproof. It fits drinks and has a place for my cellphone. It works for me. I am sure the others are nice as well. It holds sunscreen and wallet and keys and such under the lid. I would probably like the others also though. It is very functional and strong/sturdy and that was important to me.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

I just put one in my stratos very happy with it. Well built, I did line the sides and bottom of the center storage unit with drawer liner so as things I put in there move around they won’t rattle, etc.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Ignore my PM back to you. I replied before seeing your post here. I think I will go with the one like yours. Thanks for the time to reply to my PM and also on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    There is a picture of mine on about post 77 on this thread....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post8685746

How something looks is subjective to the particular person. I like it. It is very very sturdy. Sometimes down here I fish with a guy that is ex football player. He is 6'5" and over 300# and he walks all over it and likes it. I was sort of disappointed in their "gray" but I fish barefooted sometimes and fish a lot with a guy in back in Florida that fishes bare footed....I also rest my arm on it when driving. The darker black would have burned me at times so I am ok with the color but I would have preferred a real light gray.

The thing is VERY strong and it fit perfectly and was an easy install. It has a lip around the top that makes it waterproof. It fits drinks and has a place for my cellphone. It works for me. I am sure the others are nice as well. It holds sunscreen and wallet and keys and such under the lid. I would probably like the others also though. It is very functional and strong/sturdy and that was important to me.

Just ordered one in the charcoal color from bassboatseats.com and they are even throwing in a free hat. As always thanks for the great help guys. I'll post some picture when I get it installed.

Wish I had seen this when you posted it as I could tell you what I think. First I bought the BassBoatSeats.com console and they are made very strong. My center seat was destroyed by a guy in my bassclub that weighs right at 400 pounds. I told him not to step on the back of my fold down center seat and of course the meathead did just that and ripped out the bolts that holds the seat back to the seat hinges. So I could spend $200+ for a new center seat or buy the console. This console is outstanding and I wouldn't hesitate telling someone to buy it from BBS.Com. Forgive the stains on the carpet but I've been fishing almost everyday this last week and have spilt everything from coke to fishblood. So it's a little dirty looking but here are some pics of my console that I just took.

Attached Images Attached Images

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

Not problem at all. Both boxes have had great reviews. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the one from bassboatseats. $99 and free shipping plus a free hat. My wife actually liked it better than the BassCat box. Not that she ever fishes enough to worry about it. Maybe she liked the $50+ difference in price the most.
    I took my seat out for the same reason but mine was preventive. Got it up on a shelf in the garage and will reinstall when I sell the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Wish I had seen this when you posted it as I could tell you what I think. First I bought the BassBoatSeats.com console and they are made very strong. My center seat was destroyed by a guy in my bassclub that weighs right at 400 pounds. I told him not to step on the back of my fold down center seat and of course the meathead did just that and ripped out the bolts that holds the seat back to the seat hinges. So I could spend $200+ for a new center seat or buy the console. This console is outstanding and I wouldn't hesitate telling someone to buy it from BBS.Com. Forgive the stains on the carpet but I've been fishing almost everyday this last week and have spilt everything from coke to fishblood. So it's a little dirty looking but here are some pics of my console that I just took.

16. Member
    Im happy with mine from bassboatsets. Very sturdy, sorry for the sideways pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

17. Member
    Call them and ask for about a BBC discount. When I bought mine last year they were giving 10% off for members. The code at that time was BBC10.

18. Member
    Just ordered 90.00 with BBC10 discount. And free hat.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Aarchdale and others that are having trouble with the orientation of pictures taken with an iphone follow this link to a post I made on the test123 sticky. It shows how to solve the orientation and 'resizing in post #1.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=870596

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

20. Member
    thanks for the tip, that has been driving me nuts on other forums too
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast