Has anyone used the 94sv for bass fishing

Just got two 94sv units from bass pro. After really researching the units I’m not sure whether to return and get the 93sc which is the fresh water version. Just need to know how the 94sv works in skinny water. I don’t fish deep lakes for the most part. Or will these units be fine?

2. Member
    I bought the 74sv and have the same concerns. You can research online for pictures of the images taken at different depths

3. Member
    Should be fine. Don’t think the software is different except for maps. Your transducers are what will make a difference.

4. Member
    Ended up returning them and went with the 93sv. The rep from Garmin said that’s what he would do. Got the 93sv for the same price and I don’t have to buy a trolling motor mount which covers the 50 dollar gift card. Also it already has lake card installed and the rep said the transducer has more power which will give a clearer pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock the Dock View Post
    Ended up returning them and went with the 93sv. The rep from Garmin said that’s what he would do. Got the 93sv for the same price and I don’t have to buy a trolling motor mount which covers the 50 dollar gift card. Also it already has lake card installed and the rep said the transducer has more power which will give a clearer pic.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the 94 come with CV 51 which is 600 W Traditional 500 W Side and down.
    And the 93 comes with CV 52 which is 300 W traditional and 250 W side and down.
    How can the 52 have more power than the 51 ?

6. Member
    I looked at reply on post below by Cajun skeeter “looking to buy 94sv”. Looks like the 52 has more power. I could be wrong just going by info I have been given.

7. Member
    I see the cv51 cost $600.00 and the cv52 cost $300.00. That should tell you which is the more powerful.

8. Member
    Looked into the 94SV and the difference between the 93SV. Called Garmin the tech told me the only difference is the maps. As far as the transducer look at coverage area would think bass anglers would want a large coverage area. Here are the specs on the two transducers. High wide chirp ($299.00) would be my choice. I did not buy either as prefer networkable units for versatility, my opinion

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cOnT...ducers-p1.html

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/614251#specs

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/614250#specs

The 52 is high wide chirp out of these two my choice for shallow water use. The 51 is medium range chirp choice for deeper water.

For shallow water been using 107 KHZ with Lowrance/Airmar TM 150.
    Last edited by Treeguyus; 02-26-2018 at 05:17 AM.