Continuous Horn Warning & Oil Injection Module

Motor # 0G897614. I have been in the process of trying to get this motor running right, and been having one issue after another. The other day, I just turn the ignition to the on position and i get a continuous alarm if it remain in the on position or even after I crank it. I read that it was a high heat warning, I have been tracing down wires & checking sensors. I no it's not hot because it has been sitting a week. Today, I found a bad spot on the Tan & Blue wire coming from the Oil Injector Module (41470A22). It wasn't burnt through, just looks like the jacket have melted. When I remove the Tan & Blue connection at the switch box, the alarm goes off.

My question is, since my motor has had the oil injection system removed & I premix, can I leave this disconnected or do I need to replace the oil injection module? Thanks for all the help

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Oil injection module, oil pump, driven gear, oil tanks, and ALL oil injection related components would normally have been removed.

Then STB side temp sensor is tied to tan w/blue harness lead (providing an "overheat only" warning horn).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Oil injection module, oil pump, driven gear, oil tanks, and ALL oil injection related components would normally have been removed.

Then STB side temp sensor is tied to tan w/blue harness lead (providing an "overheat only" warning horn).
    Thanks Don, after doing a little research on here, I don't think they did it the proper way. It was done before I bought the boat I believe all that they did was disconnect the pump arm, disconnect the oil lines, remove the tanks, and plug the fitting on the starboard side. I would like to get it done right, since the most of it is removed, so I will be getting with your parts department to order what I need