Thread: Livewell

Livewell

1996 221 guy again.
    The switches/timers say Aerator and Hydro air.
    Currently, past 3 yrs, I have been able to fill with the Aerator switch and continue to run water into the system with one lost fish in maybe 5 tournaments. I would think there would be a fill/recirculate/aerate. What are these designed/suppose to do? Would it not be preferable to be fill and aerate both on timers. Also, did the boat have a pump out option in 96 or could it be added without great expense?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The Aerator brings in water, as you know. It also allows water to go out via the overflow and bring in fresh water (recirculate). Hydro simply bubbles water in the well. Running both at the same time is not recommended as it will simply send freshly bubbled (oxygenated) water back overboard. Both run on the timer. Manual, you turn them on and off. Auto means the timer turns the pumps on and off.

In 96, pump out was an option. Some of our gang have added this feature after-market. We have had several threads on how-to. I'm sure someone will be along with guidance....

3. Member
    Thanks Lea. On the pump outs of that era, where would it be? Perhaps it had it or even has it(that would be embarrassing). I do have two holes out the back of the cap, there is one for the bilge, the other I am not sure what it is for? As low as it sits on the trailer, filling a sack with water is not easy.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Do you have a switch for pump-out? Or the push-pull gadget in the livewell itself? I am not very familiar with pump out location in that year. I have three holes out my top cap. One is bilge, one is auto-bilge and one for pump out. Someone more familiar with your model than I should be along shortly...

5. Member
    For pump out, I put a pump in the drain line of the live well and then a hose from that pump to a T into the regular bilge out line. I put a one way check valve below that T so as to not allow any water to flow backward. I connected the new pump to the open accessory switch on the dash. This way you don't have to dig in the livewell and do the whole push pull type thing. Instead, you just punch a button on the dash for pump out. I don't know if this makes any sense but I hope it helps.

6. Member
    Thanks, that sounds pretty straight forward.

7. Member
    sounds smart but I'm not bright enough to figure out the diagram. any chance you could post a schematic?
    thanks