Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Academy hard baits

Looking at the h2o express baits. I’m needing to add some jerkbaits to my arsenal and I don’t want to spend a bunch not knowing if I’ll like it or continue to throw them. Have y’all had good luck with their line of baits? It also helps I got a couple hundred in gift cards for there.

I have used their squarebills alot. They work good and have some decient colors too.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

I think their had baits are made by Xcaliber , but not sure

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    I think their had baits are made by Xcaliber , but not sure
    xcalibur has been out of business for a few years now.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

5. Member
    Great baits for the money. I’ve got some of their topwaters, square bills, and a deep diving jerkbait.

I throw there Square Bill a lot.. Good baits for the money.

I throw them a lot, I like them. Got a buddy that doesn't, said they don't run straight for him, I haven't noticed that so much.

Their 110 jerk bait knock off catches fish. Suspends great and has quality VMC hooks. Cant beat it at $5.99.

I have boxes full of their hard baits and fedx just dropped off another box of them on Thursday. Great baits with quality hooks.

They are good baits for the money. I have quite a few and buy more every time they go on sale.

They'll have a big sale on them in March...usually. For now buy what you need then stock up during the sale.

I've got a thin 3700 box almost totally dedicated to Ultimate Jerk Shad's (110 style) and I've got a bunch of them still in the package in reserve. I lose quite a few of them to pike every year and I've broken a few on a bridge I fish quite often. My favorite color is Crackle (White/Chart belly). Largemouth, Smallies, pike, and walleye all seem to really like them. When they go on sale I'm going to pick up more.
    Last edited by BassPundit; 02-19-2018 at 06:55 AM.

13. Member
    i have used their squarebills and lipless baits in the past. imo their bigger deep divers do not dive as deep as stated. and for jerkbaits you can buy a proven brand like smithwick for a dollar more.

I got my order in last week I received 4 boxes from different stores for a grand total of 11 crankbaits and one of the stores was down the street with 1 bait in it.

15. Member
    I’d swear they are knockoffs of lucky craft. The jerkbaits look just like a pointer to me...great baits

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    Their 110 jerk bait knock off catches fish. Suspends great and has quality VMC hooks. Cant beat it at $5.99.
    +1 I've been doing pretty good on it

17. Banned
    I have no issues with their hard baits. The 110 style baits do work, just know that the weight transfer system in them is a little finicky. On about 75% of of mine one of the weights can get stuck towards the front of the lure, causing it to suspend almost vertical nose down. And they don't make the same rattle sound and the action is slightly different than a real 110. There have been instances where I'll have two almost identical 110's tied on, one H2O and one Megabass, and one will get bites while the other won't.

They're like anything else. They have their place. Being cheap is a major plus.

Yeah, one thing about the 110 style is that each bait is different. I use a Tactical Anglers Power Clip with the front split ring removed. Sometimes a lure will be a sinker, some suspend perfectly, some float.

19. Member
    I like their jerkbaits a lot just the KVD stuff is a lot better just cost more money so overall their a great budget jerkbait.

20. Member
    I don't see the suspending ultimate jerk shad online... is that actually a thing or just floating?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast