Wal-Mart ever start maxx batteries

Does Wal-Mart still carry the maxx 29. One Wal-Mart website say they have 4 left but went and they had none and another Wal-Mart website says discontinued.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

2. Banned
    I sure hope they do.

3. Member
    My local store had a couple in stock today. Did not look at the build date on them though.

4. Banned
    I would never run walmart batteries. They sit on shelves forever before they are sold. I learned my lesson with walmart batteries and being on the water isnt where i wanted to be having battery issues.

If you want a solid and inexpensive battery, buy an Cat marine battery from a Cat dealer. Im super impressed with the 4 i have. And no, i dont work for Cat. Lol.

The item numbers you want are these. Cranking: 8C3638 Trolling: 8C3639

Give them a try.....you wont be disappointed!

5. Member
    Can't beat the Everstart 29 MaXX but there seems to be a problem with getting them don't know if they discontinued them or not probably did since they carried a 2 yr Warranty

6. Member
    yes they do i bought one yesturday,i saw the web site listing also but had to go anyway so i walked over just to check, and what do you know they had 4, and they just got them in january

I bought some group 27 Deka Marine Master, 5lbs lighter than the Exide batteries I had in and more reserve Minutes. Paid $105
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

8. Banned
    I checked online and it said discontinued. So who knows.

9. Member
    The problem with inventory for the Max 29's may be that some of the stores last year switched from having JCI as the supplier to East Penn/Deka. Maybe they are in a state of transition for more of the stores to switch and are waiting to clear old inventory. Probably the only way to find out would be to have a contact in the buying department at Walmart. Here in Canada, East Penn is the supplier.

In any case, if you know how to interpret the date labels on those batteries, and know how to use a voltmeter, then you can pick good ones just like at any other battery retailer. They are good batteries at a great price and simply rebadged for Walmart by the larger battery manufacturers.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S