Additional glue to stick-on eyes

Lures with eye sockets, do you add additional glue / adhesive? Side question, do you prefer to stick the eyes on before --- or after the clearcoat? Using KBS Diamond Clear in the rattle can if that makes a difference.

2. Member
    Drop of super glue under eye,then clear coat.Never had one come off.

Used to no, but seems all the eyes I get now really suck as far as the adhesive. Sometimes I do a dot of superglue off the end of a drill bit before my 3 part auto clear. My clear seals the eyes. The only reason I do the glue is because I shoot my auto clear at 40 psi and I've had the air blow eyes off before.

4. Member
    It depends on the eyes you get. If you buy cheap imported eyes off ebay or even the fish skull and BOSS true vision, you will need glue. If you buy WTP eyes you can put them on without any glue but there is a major difference in price and quality. I normally clear coat over any bait with 3D eyes and even with glue a lot of the cheap eyes will often move or fall off during the clear coat process, WTP eyes stay put and will actually last for a bit without clear coating, I had some spinnerbaits last 2 years without clear coating and the eyes were still attached.

Sounds like it's better to be safe than sorry!!!

I never glue my eyes on... But I dip or brush the KBS on... The eyes stay on.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    i use a small dot of super glue, not necessary but I have had them come off while clear coating
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Never glued them on, just stick em on and the clear that I dip holds them on... Haven't had one fall off yet.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

9. Banned
    When I use eyes with the adhesive already on them, I use alcohol to remove the adhesive and use super glue to adhere them. Seems to work better for me.

10. Member
    Yes drop of gorrila super glue
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"