Ardent super duty problem

I was respooling my reels today and gave the reel handle a good spin afterwards and noticed when I stopped the handle, the reel made a horrible sound and the spool continued to spin. It did it multiple times, I'm going to pull it apart and see if I find anything that stands out, but I'm curious if anyone has had this issue before and if they had some insight to what might be wrong.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    I was respooling my reels today and gave the reel handle a good spin afterwards and noticed when I stopped the handle, the reel made a horrible sound and the spool continued to spin. It did it multiple times, I'm going to pull it apart and see if I find anything that stands out, but I'm curious if anyone has had this issue before and if they had some insight to what might be wrong.
    I guess its actually an Ardent Magnum

3. Member
    You probably heard the spool pin that seats in the bottom of the pinion gear grinding against the bottom of the pinion gear instead of being seated in the grooves.

spool pin not engaging/spool not seated all the way-pull spool out and reseat it.

CC knob backed all the way off-make sure knob is not loose.