Best bite on Rayburn?

I always come down middle of March for a week but after seeing the weigh in from the 10th I'm second guessing myself. Is there a better bite now vs waiting till then. Its nice to catch some fat pre spawners but I really like hooking up on 20 or more a day if possible.

2. Member
    It's only going to get worse.
    After the Elite guys bragged about catching 100+ bass a day last year, the boat ramp parking lots are lined up with Louisiana tagged vehicles looking to fill their freezers.
    RIP Rayburn. You will be laid to rest right beside Toledo Bend.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutoy View Post
    It's only going to get worse.
    After the Elite guys bragged about catching 100+ bass a day last year, the boat ramp parking lots are lined up with Louisiana tagged vehicles looking to fill their freezers.
    RIP Rayburn. You will be laid to rest right beside Toledo Bend.

5 fish a day would take a long trip to fill a freezer

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    The problem is there's quite a few that don't follow limits. They go catch 5, go in and dump them, and go back out and catch more.
    To the OP. It's just now getting to the good part. You will still be in a good time period mid March, especially for catching a lot of bucks. Should be some bigger fish around also. Maybe even a little top water bite of its warm enough

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The problem is there's quite a few that don't follow limits. They go catch 5, go in and dump them, and go back out and catch more.
    To the OP. It's just now getting to the good part. You will still be in a good time period mid March, especially for catching a lot of bucks. Should be some bigger fish around also. Maybe even a little top water bite of its warm enough
    Gotcha that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    you know, I didn’t say shit on a the gill net thread that that these boys hammered yer ass about, thought you should have yer rightful opinion.

But now yer quoting a Man about his opinion on something which I happen to not only agree with, but know what he says is true.
    It has NOTHING to do with 5 fish a day.

What would make you even think you should reply to something that does not directly affect you or the fact it has no real bearing on your day to day fishing per your geographical location.

which brings me to the point of my confirmation that you should carry yer ass out of here and don’t come back.

Last edited by Corkpuller; 02-18-2018 at 08:23 PM.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Looks like kry straightened yer ass out, excuse my brashness.

Not really

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    you know, I didn’t say shit on a the gill net thread that that these boys hammered yer ass about, thought you should have yer rightful opinion.

But now yer quoting a Man about his opinion on something which I happen to not only agree with, but know what he says is true.
    It has NOTHING to do with 5 fish a day.

What would make you even think you should reply to something that does not directly affect you or the fact it has no real bearing on your day to day fishing per your geographical location.

which brings me to the point of my confirmation that you should carry yer ass out of here and don’t come back.

Bahaha what does my geographical location have to do with anything?

What would make you think I need your permission to post or give a hoot what you have to say about any of my posts?

Im driving across the whole state of texas again Friday if my new powerhead is done thursday as its supposed to be. Unless I decide to save a few hundred miles and hit fork or rayburn instead of falcon.

Not to mention Im looking for a place to buy in central texas...
    Last edited by Jeff from Iowa; 02-18-2018 at 09:08 PM.

9. Banned
    Drive right on through to Sugar lake, make sure you hide some weapons in that RV when you cross into Mexico.

10. Member
    Don't waste your energy, Corkpuller. It's like trying to reason with a shit fly that's trying to land in your bowl of chilli.

yessir, I should have kept still. Give me a PWI.

12. Banned
    oh no by all means continue trying to be a bully on the world wide web

13. Member
    Kinda got off topic a little but back to fishn. What mid lake water temps you guys seeing

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Kinda got off topic a little but back to fishn. What mid lake water temps you guys seeing
    http://www.kensmithfishing.com/index.php/blog/

15. Member
    Cool site. Thanks
    If the weather remains stable do you guys think this 1st full moon in March will bring a big wave of spawning activity or still a little early. Trying to time a trip right which is nearly impossible. My gut tells me to get down there 1st week of March but Ive made the mistake of being early before.

16. Member
    They are trying to start right now. The issue will be how much water gets over their heads. A few feet of water over their heads can screw up the fishing for a lot of people. It's suprising but the last few times they got water like that during the spawn the fishing got a little tough. Like they didn't move up with the water

17. Member
    Happened to us about 3 yrs ago. Got a huge amount of rain right before we showed up. Water was maybe 6ft over full pool. It was tough for us. We assumed they were all in the trees or bushes but you couldn't get a boat or bait to them. Messes with your mind when you see that happen. Hind site we should have stayed home or convinced ourselves that not every fish was in the trees.
    Last edited by champ210; 02-21-2018 at 07:44 AM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Happened to us about 3 yrs ago. Got a huge amount of rain right before we showed up. Water was maybe 6ft over full pool. It was tough for us. We assumed they were all in the trees or bushes but you couldn't get a boat or bait to them. Messes with your mind when you see that happen. Hind site we should have stayed home or convinced ourselves that not every fish was in the trees.
    Have you been back? If you could see the waterline on the trees and just how much cover was in the water it's insane. They were in those bushes but there wasn't anybody going to get to them. That's why the lake is pretty good right now. That high water lasted for almost 2 years straight and nobody could get where the fish really were. The fall when it finally came down enough to get a frog back there it was the best frog bite I've ever seen.

19. Member
    Yes last yr was pretty decent for us. We came down middle of March at the beginning of a big cold front. Friends of ours were there 1st week of March and seemed to have better luck but it was the 1st big surge of warm stable weather and the fish were on fire. Seems like the lake changes a little every yr with the hydrilla and hay grass. I prefer to fish the lake a couple feet low but that's just me. Id rather catch them out them out of the hydrilla than flippin the bushes.

20. Member
    Yea. The grass changes every year. Lots of it right now and it will stay healthy if we don't get a ton of muddy water. I really don't have a preference where I catch them. The bushes can be nerve racking but if you have some patience you can catch some big fish. I'm hoping we don't get all muddy water because I want to learn the big swimbaits and now's the time.