Power pole question.

While fishing yesterday, one of my power poles didn’t work. Noticed the green light on the pump was not on. Is there a inline fuse ? Haven’t had a chance to look trouble shoot yet. Just wondering if someone had this issue with theirs. Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Yes there is a inline fuse for each pump on the pisitive lead going to battery

3. Member
    I have a rocker switch that kills power to the pumps. Didn’t trust the sleep mode only. When I put power to the pumps using the switch, the pole that DOESNT Work beeps and the green light stays on for a second or two then goes off. The pole that works, the green light on the pump comes on then starts flashing. Am I correct in thinking it’s not the fuse that’s bad ? Both of my poles worked excellent prior to my last outing. Boat sat for probably 3 months.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    a proper install will have them wired to a battery cut off switch you are correct. If you are getting it to beep and the green light comes on then you are getting power to the pump so you are correct not the fuse. I would almost bet you have a board failure in that pump. You can call Power Pole and they can run a diagnostic with you thru the bluetooth and the c monster app. If it is a board they will send you a new one, be to you in 2 to 3 days and super easy to install and no more then a 15 min project. If I can help in any way please let me know.

5. Member
    Thanks K and K for all of your knowledge and help with this issue. I will call PP tomorrow.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    Thanks K and K for all of your knowledge and help with this issue. I will call PP tomorrow.
    Let us know how you make out, No better customer service then Power Pole... they will take care of you.

7. Member
    Side bar question: any recommendations in brand of cut off switch to use with poles?

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Marinco 701 or similar rated brand.

9. Member
    Thanks

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikeMN View Post
    Thanks
    you bet sir, thats what were here for..

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    I have a rocker switch that kills power to the pumps. Didn’t trust the sleep mode only. When I put power to the pumps using the switch, the pole that DOESNT Work beeps and the green light stays on for a second or two then goes off. The pole that works, the green light on the pump comes on then starts flashing. Am I correct in thinking it’s not the fuse that’s bad ? Both of my poles worked excellent prior to my last outing. Boat sat for probably 3 months.

Sent IM as well

I would suggest taking the Power Pole pumps off the rocker style switch that your using for the master cut off. Unless that switch is rated correctly it will cause issues. Most rocker switches are not rated to carry or meet the demands required to feed a Power Pole HPU.

We have put together a very nice kit to accommodate the needs of Power Pole owners. Its a one stop shop for the assembly with properly rated leeds to feed the Power Poles as well as any other Acc. you would like to run off this switch.

https://hydrillagear.com/shop/master...ry-switch-kit/