Thread: Butt seat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Butt seat

I'm not a fan of the Triton butt seat. Looking for one that's a little smaller to use when the water is rough. Bass pro has a few options but nothing great. Curious as to what others are using.

I made my own 11in diameter circle cut from king starboard. Had an upholstery place foam and cover them. They are awesome. 4in high density and 2in low density on top foam. Same stuff made for the touring seats on motorcycles. Being round, They are in the right position to sit at all times.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. mikesxpress
    I have been thru the box store butt seats and they never last nor are they comfortable. The OEM butt seat from Ranger is closer to a bike seat.

I started ordering these Veda butt seats and believe them to be the most comfortable and durable. One on my previous boat still looks great after 6 years.

http://veada.com/fishing-boat-seats/...hing-seat.html

4. Member
    the tempress guide seat is very comfortable

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Bassboatseats.com new one is nice , good for leaning as well. The llebrock TZX series looks great as well and looks very similar to the Ranger. Im leaning (no pun intended) on that one for this year.i had veada make me a rear seat and the quality was amazing. Wanted another but there not making fishing seats they say till sping 2019.

6. Member
    anybody ever use the one from mellenium ? different look but have heard they are very confortable
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    anybody ever use the one from mellenium ? different look but have heard they are very confortable

I've been using this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Millenniu...-Seat/47499785 It went right on the post that My Ranger™ butt seat came on. I use the Millenium palma horse seat and SWMBO uses the full-on Ranger chair..

BassPro™ has the post w/the 4 nuts on sale and I'm going to go get the post and be able to use the Ranger butt seat for an option..

It works great to lean on too..

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Bassboatseats.com new one is nice , good for leaning as well. The llebrock TZX series looks great as well and looks very similar to the Ranger. Im leaning (no pun intended) on that one for this year.i had veada make me a rear seat and the quality was amazing. Wanted another but there not making fishing seats they say till sping 2019.
    agree, they make good seats and great to deal with
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I've been using this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Millenniu...-Seat/47499785 It went right on the post that My Ranger™ butt seat came on. I use the Millenium palma horse seat and SWMBO uses the full-on Ranger chair..

BassPro™ has the post w/the 4 nuts on sale and I'm going to go get the post and be able to use the Ranger butt seat for an option..

I've never seen that style before. You don't straddle that do you?

10. Banned
    I don't but I'm guessing someone somewhere has. You know w/the butt seat if You were a little off You'd spin a little? No spinning with this one.

11. Banned

12. Member

How wide is that seat? I've seen it online before, but wondered it it would be too wide and be in the way.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

13. Member
    Any issues with longevity? On bass pro and cabelas more than a few poor rating for the plastic knob breaking and or the poor quality of the gas shock. Especially in light of the price. I was always interested as I like something small width wise.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    How wide is that seat? I've seen it online before, but wondered it it would be too wide and be in the way.

FEATURES

• All day comfort
    • ComfortMAX contoured, tight
    • Breathable cool fabric
    • UV resistant to sun and elements
    • All aluminum construction
    • Mold and mildew resistant
    • Folds flatter than competitors seats
    • Allowing better visibility while under way
    • Mounts to any boat seat pedestal
    • Unique design allows hours of comfort while sitting, leaning or casting
    • 3 year warranty

SPECIFICATIONS

• Material - Aluminum
    • Capacity - 400 lbs.
    • Weight - 7 lbs
    • Seat Size - W 20" D 17"
    • Seat Height 17" - 20"

http://www.millenniummarine.com/b-se...00/b-300-gray/

It looks like it would take up more room than it actually does. You know how w/the circular butt seats when You lean against them and if You're not 'centered' it rolls one way or the other? That doesn't happen with this seat. I lean against it just as much as sitting on it. It doesn't get all hot either...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Any issues with longevity? On bass pro and cabelas more than a few poor rating for the plastic knob breaking and or the poor quality of the gas shock. Especially in light of the price. I was always interested as I like something small width wise.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    My son bought me that butt seat for me. It sucks it's designed more to lean against but I don't feel comfortable leaning on it as it will spin around to easy.
    John the Garage Doorman

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdong View Post
    Yes the shock leaked down on mine but I red-neck-engineered a manual version of it and it works fine for me now. I use it as a lean seat to help keep my balance in rough water conditions and not something to sit on.

18. Member
    FEATURES

• All day comfort
    • ComfortMAX contoured, tight
    • Breathable cool fabric
    • UV resistant to sun and elements
    • All aluminum construction
    • Mold and mildew resistant
    • Folds flatter than competitors seats
    • Allowing better visibility while under way
    • Mounts to any boat seat pedestal
    • Unique design allows hours of comfort while sitting, leaning or casting
    • 3 year warranty

SPECIFICATIONS

• Material - Aluminum
    • Capacity - 400 lbs.
    • Weight - 7 lbs
    • Seat Size - W 20" D 17"
    • Seat Height 17" - 20"

http://www.millenniummarine.com/b-se...00/b-300-gray/

It looks like it would take up more room than it actually does. You know how w/the circular butt seats when You lean against them and if You're not 'centered' it rolls one way or the other? That doesn't happen with this seat. I lean against it just as much as sitting on it. It doesn't get all hot either...
    Thanks... I've seen those specs before... but they seem to always have the same specs on the regular chair style seat they sell as well. And also... it says "folds flatter..." and "seat height", so it makes me question if that was even the correct measurements listed for the butt seat.

I have the chair style ones already and love them. Was just thinking about this butt seat style for times I don't want a chair up front. But honestly..... I like a chair more and more each time I use it instead of standing all day.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    My son bought me that butt seat for me. It sucks it's designed more to lean against but I don't feel comfortable leaning on it as it will spin around to easy.

This is what I was trying to address.. This Millenium b-300 doesn't spin like a 'normal' butt seat. I take a 90# Weimaraner and He will sometimes come up to the front deck and will lay out, so when You get to the seat it doesn't 'spin' so You can always get 'squared up' if that makes sense??

20. Banned
    I removed the Ranger™ butt seat and the b-300 will attach to the common 4 screw head. BassPro™ has the pole for sale this next week so I'm going to buy a post for the Ranger™ seat to provide an option for any guests.

Also by using the pole it is collapsible so You can make it whichever height You want.

Not only is it more comfortable than the Ranger butt'er but it has been safer as I haven't 'spun out' like I did w/the Ranger butt seat.

I had a Triton before the Ranger and the Triton seemed to be 'wider' or more sturdy than the Ranger™

*** Your Mileage May Vary ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast