New tin brought home today - need advice on non slip step

New Crestliner Retriever 1660 SC sitting in the garage today. Always had carpeted boats, so this is a little different with the aluminum flooring throughout. First concern is the step onto the bow area. I need a non-slip foot hold there. Kinda surprised it did not come with one. About a 12 inches long and maybe six inches wide or so.

Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Sea Dek

We have a skate board shop nearby. I picked up a 5' piece of grip tape from them for a fraction of what boat non-slip tape goes for. Was able to add it to the bow of bass boat and two trailers.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Now you're talking, $2.99 from my favorite store! Been Googling all kinds of keywords and having a hard time finding something reasonably priced. That will work, thanks. Of course this will cost me more than $2.99, can't walk out of that store with only one item.

6. Member
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Member
    I did see that website, and it was very good pricing and selection. I was heading to Harbor Freight anyway this morning and picked up a 12" x 12" rubber mat with peel off adhesive for $4.99. Cut it to fit and spayed some Loctite spray adhesive for extra measure and it came out alright. The rubber was very soft, so I think it will do the job just fine.