Thread: BPS 94SV Chirp

BPS 94SV Chirp

So now everyone has had the opportunity to stand in 2 or 3 lines to purchase one of these, amid much discussion about mapping and the supplied transducer suitability for 5-40' of water. HOPEFULLY someone will post some pictures of images captured in shallow water using the supplied transducer and compare them to the 93SV chirp with the supplied transducer.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

2. Member
    I was going to purchase one until the ad was not what they were selling. I had my heart set on the touchscreen. With that said, I want to see also the images you get with the one they sold at bps. From what I can tell the transducers are different than the older model I have. You can see the disclaimer of the change if you go to the Garmin web site and look at the 73dv model. There is a disclaimer about the transducer has changed on that model.My older garmin has a great picture but Garmin got into a law suit with Navico over their transducer quarts or crystal and now garmin has a different design in their transducers. It will be interesting to see what the change looks like.

3. Member
    More than one person, including me, has advised that the '51 transducer was engineered for deep water, not shallow water. Square peg. Round hole.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I totally agree that the the 51 was designed for deeper water but I'm just wondering how much real life, on the water, difference are they.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

5. Member
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SM...r9Xvwzj_PCz6fW

My SideVu shots generally have the bottom bleached out. That's how I run mine so the suspended fish show up better. I don't care about looking at structure.

Also on some of them you will see dramatic blurring. Part of the time I had it on the trolling motor and the blurring came from turning the TM.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 02-18-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Great shots. Do u have the gt 51 transducer

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FDonz View Post
    Great shots. Do u have the gt 51 transducer
    Come on now. You're baiting me for one of my smart a$$ remarks. It would be kinda hard to make these screenshots without one, wouldn't it. Still have the GT51 and GT52 mounted. Started last week to change out the 51 for the 50 but with all the rain our lake rose 22 ft. Thought I might get in some more deep water fishing but yesterday on the lake showed that it caused a lot of fish to move upstream. I may leave it on though out of laziness.

8. Member
    I couldn't pass up the bass pro shops deal on the echomap74 chirp. Got it for $449. Comes with g2 coastal map installed but the deal gave me the lakevue hd card free. I fish mainly lakes 40 or 50 ft deep most. Do u think ill like it