Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MLF-Michiga--Why go back there again

MLF is my favorite by far!, but going back to Alpena Michigan-Why? I love how they go to different places and you see different places and techniques. There's thousands of different places they could have went and got to see all new stuff. Very disappointed with were they picked.

Alpena chamber of commerce and local businesses is giving them all kinds of deals to come back there in an effort to showcase the area. They have always played second fiddle to the traverse city area. Lots of good fishing up there though wouldn't be surprised to see Fletchers floodwaters on an episode.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

3. Member
    I’m sure it’s about money and who will pony it up. That and my guess is lots of Smallmouth to be caught,fish being caught is what viewers want. Maybe 8 fish for 10lbs appeals to some but not to most viewers.
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post
    Alpena chamber of commerce and local businesses is giving them all kinds of deals to come back there in an effort to showcase the area. They have always played second fiddle to the traverse city area. Lots of good fishing up there though wouldn't be surprised to see Fletchers floodwaters on an episode.
    Fletchers would be awesome. Caught some toads out of that lake when I lived in Michigan. My sister has a camper up there and we have done many summer trips and usually one ice fishing trip per winter when I was there

5. Member
    I'm glad they went there, they actually caught fish over 14 ounces.

6. dartag1829
    Alpena Has a Big budget for tourism. There are some good lakes around there. Funny part is the Inland Lake they fished and Timmy Horton did a show on is a lake we drove by and never thought about fishing. Guess it has been packed since they filmed it.

I'm in Georgia and I would love to fish those lakes in Alpena . That was a great show today .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    That was a great show today .
    I can't agree with you on that. At least on a largemouth lake you have an idea what they are fishing. I thought this was the least enjoyable MLF ever.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

9. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I'm in Georgia and I would love to fish those lakes in Alpena . That was a great show today .
    I agree. Martens kicked some major tail.

Dale Sinclair original

10. Member
    I was prett disappointed with the show, drop shotting makes for boring television. Not knocking the technique as it's super effective in the right situation but it's boring to watch. I did enjoy the big smallmouth that were caught but again it was boring, at least to me. The dink fest in Arkansas was better overall I thought. But regardless of where they fish I will watch it cause I really enjoy the show.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

11. Member
    I'd go to Alpena in a nano second and fish Thunder Bay.

12. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    If seeing them catch 4 and 5 lb smallmouth doesn’t excite you then you’ve never caught smallies that big or you just don’t like fishing

Great area for fishing... I fish there a good bit.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Where has Vandam been? Have not seen him in an episode in a while...
    Those were some nice smallies for sure. Definitely better than the dink fest during the last one...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Where has Vandam been? Have not seen him in an episode in a while...
    Those were some nice smallies for sure. Definitely better than the dink fest during the last one...
    You will see him next week undoubtedly. They fished the Selects last few weeks to pick the new anglers for the Cup challenge. Now they’re in the big leagues with today’s episode as the first 2018 Cup elimination round.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    I can't agree with you on that. At least on a largemouth lake you have an idea what they are fishing. I thought this was the least enjoyable MLF ever.
    Homer

17. Member
    The Arkansas shows were boring.....glad to see them go somewhere else
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by RdnckYnkee250 View Post
    If seeing them catch 4 and 5 lb smallmouth doesn’t excite you then you’ve never caught smallies that big or you just don’t like fishing

I missed the show but catching summer smallies on offshore structure with a drop shot rig is my favorite. Love seeing a big smallie camped out on a boulder on my graphs and dropping a bait down!!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

I can not get into watching someone sitting offshore with a spinning rod ,,,,but then again i really prefer to see heavy flipping sticks and the sound of braid as they pull fish out ,, just me i guess , but after 30 min of that show yesterday i turned it off and deleted it out of the playlist , and like the OP i dont see why they can not go to different places , there are thousands of lakes in this country and they go back to the same place ,,,,,,,,, go out to the California Delta and places like that , something different ,,,,,,most of the guys i talk to and myself included are fast losing interest in the show

20. Banned
    They go to where the money is... Apparently Alpena pays and cities around the Delta don't... It's "show me the money" or we'll play somewhere else... Dan

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast