Megabass Vision 110 color recommendation

Hey guys - I have never fished a jerkbait before but would like to give it a try this spring. I am in Minnesota and thought about picking up one or two vision 110s since everyone raves about them. I am wondering if you could just have only one or two colors for use in semi stained water what would you recommend for me?
    Last edited by tim_kovar; 02-17-2018 at 04:35 PM.

2. Member
    French Pearl for low light or cloudy and GP pro blue for sunny. Although there are tons of colors, these will cover 99% of conditions. Color is more confidence than performance.

3. Member
    My two favorite colors are Sexy Shad and Elgey Bone.

Small-mouth or large-mouth?
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    I’d be interested to hear your recommendations for both.

6. Member
    I was thinking largemouth, but would also be curious on both.

Elegy Bone and GP Pro Blue cover most of my needs.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    I’d be interested to hear your recommendations for both.
    For small mouth my best colour for quality is PM Clown
    For large mouth my best colour is the silver with the chartreuse vertical stripes (works well for smallies too but can't remember the colour name)
    Elegy Bone for large mouth too.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Don't be surprised if a pike munches down on your expensive jerkbait and takes it home with him!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Don't be surprised if a pike munches down on your expensive jerkbait and takes it home with him!
    What Jeff said!

My two favorite colors are Sexy Shad and Elgey Bone.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Yeah, this. If you've never fished a jerkbait before, maybe try something a little cheaper than a Megabass. Pike like to steal them up here in pike country.

I've had a lot of luck with the 110 knockoffs. Board sponsor FishKDS.com has them for stupid cheap. Buy a good selection, watch a video where KVD talks about how to fish a jerkbait (paying particular attention to how you jerk it with a fair amount of slack in the line), then go out the weekend of walleye opener/bass C&R with nothing else tied on. That weekend is usually good for gaining confidence in whatever technique you need to gain confidence in!

Perch and sunfish patterns are always good around here. Early in the season color really doesn't matter, but as time wears on and the fish aren't quite as stupid, all the shad imitations seem to quit getting bit (remember, we basically only have shad in the river). A chartreuse black or blue back is another one that seems to be a good go-to. If you're further north with good whitefish and shiner populations, then forget what I said and throw the shad patterns as you wish (but still don't forget the others...especially perch)!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13. Member
    Color can be a factor depending on water color, sun or clouds, flat water or chop. Focus more on presentation, tempo, rate of fall in cold water slow fall sometimes up to 10 seconds. Change your tempo and let the fish tell how they want it that day. I too throw and catch a lot of fish on knockoffs, but will say they require tuning with different sized hooks, split rings and often suspend dots or weigh of some type to preform the way i demand them to. Good luck and there’s lots of good info out there just search.

I have a bunch of different 110 colors. My best 4 Mat Shad, Ht Kossori Shad, Elegy Bone, HT Ito Tenn Shad. Due to fishing herring lakes I like purple in my baits. My son fishes smallmouth likes and is a big fan of Elegy Bone.
    Here is a great link on colors. Lots of colors have been added since this but its still good
    http://bassdozerstore.blogspot.com/s...label/megabass
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

15. Member
    if you have smallies and perch is a forage base I would suggest the Perch OB (orange belly)

GP Blue is a standard Clearwater high sun color that is a staple

16. Member
    The KVD Jerkbaits are like 7$ ... Pike will take them too
    it just doesn't sting as bad!!!

I like Mat Shad the best. It just works everywhere. Also a big fan of MB Gizzard Shad, HT Ito TN Shad, and French Pearl. In really clear water I have had good results with Ito Clear Laker or Hiuo.

Ito Natural
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX