ultrex sensor headung puck

so is this puck is the brains of this t/m ? and can i mount this any where
    i want , thinking near my battery area and wire it to my cranking battery
    since it's blue tooth.

thought i read something about the puck can't be near metals or battery's
    something about it interferes with it.

2. Member
    No, the puck is not the brains. The puck is a heading sensor or magnetic compass. It cannot be mounted in an area where ferrous metals would cause the compass to misread. It can be mounted in an area close to the batteries as long as there is a clean line of sight to the trolling motor for the blue tooth to work. The purpose is to allow the jog function to know which direction the boat is facing so it knows which way is right/left/forward/backward. It also enhances the gps functions, but is not a "must" for the other gps functions to work.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Sorry to hi jack this thread! But can I use the same heading sensor puck that came with the Ultrex on my Helix mega chirp g2n or do I have to buy a (as gps hs) for the Helix. I already added a external gps puck for that bow unit. 2 magnetic pucks on bow just sounds like interference. I want to set up Helix with the Cog line and heading line on my bow unit! Thanks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bstandiford View Post
    Sorry to hi jack this thread! But can I use the same heading sensor puck that came with the Ultrex on my Helix mega chirp g2n or do I have to buy a (as gps hs) for the Helix. I already added a external gps puck for that bow unit. 2 magnetic pucks on bow just sounds like interference. I want to set up Helix with the Cog line and heading line on my bow unit! Thanks

No. You will need the AS GPS HS. Many are installing the TM Heading Sensor next/near to other GPS receivers without issue but may depend on your boat for interference.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Thanks! I had it on my Ultrex 360 and was able to set it from there!