Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The "old guys" earned their right to their jobs and if they don't want to or are not financially ready to leave should not leave just so a younger person can have a job. Sounds like seniority rules where you work. Respect it, it may be you in a few years.

2. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oscardog View Post
    The "old guys" earned their right to their jobs and if they don't want to or are not financially ready to leave should not leave just so a younger person can have a job. Sounds like seniority rules where you work. Respect it, it may be you in a few years.
    This too, the eldest guy is already drawing pension from our competitor. Conworkers says he’s crazy but I think he’s pretty sharp. We know each other pretty well. He’s occasionally mentioned retiring plus the one under him has mentioned it as well. That’s the reason I agreed he should take it and leave. The math agrees. I have seniority over half the work force currently and am glad of it.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Usually they go after the older crowd because they make more $$. Keep the younger guy whos getting paid less.

This is what happened at the Ca. police dep't. I worked for after the city declared bankruptcy. A Sgt. that retired after Me was then given an 'IOU' for close to $100k...

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Usually they go after the older crowd because they make more $$. Keep the younger guy whos getting paid less.
    This happened at our factory. The older ones got a hel. of a package to leave early

5. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    If your a CDL drive,r as you know you, they can only work you so much. That would restrict them on how much of a workload they can add onto you if cutting drivers. You mentioned you haul food, if you service restaurants etc I would guess you are making good OT. I don't know where your located, but around here they can't get enough drivers. The food guys are always looking for drivers (it's a tough job) but the pay is high. The big food chains are always looking too. I don't think you would have a hard time finding a driving job that you want. Lots of driving jobs out there right now, especially with the high drug test failure. In my working career when one door closed a better one always opened. Good luck with it, it's a tough decision.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    I think you just gave good reasons to stay and see how it rides out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12