Advice for shortening the rigging tube

How many other Phoenix owners have shortens the rigging tube? Mine has already cracked. I am curious about how much others have shortened theirs and if there are any tricks to connecting it to the cowling part. I am also replacing the factory moto stik with a motor mate. That should also help prevent it from happening again, not having to trim the motor as high to attach it.
    Thanks in advance
    2015 Phoenix 819

2. Banned
    Just unbolt it at the cowling nothing to it.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    It actually "screws" into motor end and the collar in splaswell....I found it easier to remove the screws from collar, unscrew the collar and then cut what you need....I'd cut a little at a time to make sure you don't take to much off...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Hopefully if I cut it off where it's cracked, even with the end of the fitting that goes into the cowling. Thanks for the help guys.
    2015 Phoenix 819

5. Member
    I just did this the other night. Mine cracked as well. I shortened it up on the motor side and twisted it back in. Both motor and boat are threaded. It surprised me how easy it was and wished I would've done it sooner.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

6. Member
    How hard is it to replace? I have about a 3" piece broke off at the cowling and I'm not sure there is enough slack to remove the broke off piece and reattach.
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

7. Member
    I've never done it but it's not something I want to get into personally and I'm pretty handy. You have to disconnect all of the wires and tubing from the motor. To me, a lot can go wrong. If you're very mechanically inclined, you should be good.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassnPhoenix920 View Post
    How hard is it to replace? I have about a 3" piece broke off at the cowling and I'm not sure there is enough slack to remove the broke off piece and reattach.

I cut off about 4-5"... It think weve all had it break at about the same distance. Id shorten it first that is easy. If that didnt work Id cut it off and use the one that you velcro around the wires and cables

I replaced mine with a cloth one that zips. Mine was cracked so bad it was not salvageable

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger61 View Post
    I replaced mine with a cloth one that zips. Mine was cracked so bad it was not salvageable
    Where did you find it?
    Bass Boat