Problem with remote tailgate on 2017 Yukon XL

I've got a 2017 Yukon XL with remote tailgate. It was working fine. Now, when I open it, either with key fob, or overhead control at console, it pops open, rises about 8" and stops.
    I can push it open the rest of the way, but same thing happens on closing, drops about 8" and stops.

Never seen this before. Any GMC mechanics out there?

Thanks!!

The same thing happened on our Outback. I can't recall the solution. But, it would probably be different for your truck, anyway. It's a matter of having the computer re-learn the upper limit of the setting so that it will open completely.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Banned
    I think programming Check owners manual

Any binding or extra pressure sets off the fail safe .. have seen a few were the top cowel cover gets pinched when opening so make sure that’s not jamming .. try to put your hands somewhere safe and not on the latch handle to give it just a bit of help opening when you push the button .. if that works one of the small gas strong arm pistons has failed or is binding

5. Member
    I would hope it’s still under warranty.........let GM deal with it?

6. Member
    I know there’s an adjustment switch on the upper console that can be set at different
    posistions. This will limit how far it will open in case you have low garage ceilings. You
    might check it and switch it back and forth a couple of times. Good luck.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    I know there’s an adjustment switch on the upper console that can be set at different
    posistions. This will limit how far it will open in case you have low garage ceilings. You
    might check it and switch it back and forth a couple of times. Good luck.
    I know this about opening, but I don't think this limit applys to closing

Check the knob on the overhead console, you can adjust the amount it opens with it!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

9. Roachboat
    Quote Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
    Check the knob on the overhead console, you can adjust the amount it opens with it!
    This