Adding cleat by console

I use to tie off to dock using steering wheel. Is there a place to add a cleat by consol that will hold the screws?

boat is a Z520c. thanks

2. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I use to tie off to dock using steering wheel. Is there a place to add a cleat by consol that will hold the screws?

boat is a Z520c. thanks
    Yes Sir, Between the console and gunnel is where I had mine.....................it is reinforced with pultrusion there.................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

3. Member
    Please elaborate on this topic and with pictures too, if possible. I would love to add a cleat by driver's console, the pop-up kind, though I am worried about wires and insulation, etc.
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    Yes Sir, Between the console and gunnel is where I had mine.....................it is reinforced with pultrusion there.................RR
    Ghost, can you post a picture of it.

5. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Ghost, can you post a picture of it.
    I do not have on brother. Sold the boat last fall. Cleat was a simple stainless from Overton's that I through bolted in area described...........................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

6. Member
    I have one on my Z20 put it there as soon as i got the boat, best move you can make.I can' post Pic. I put it between throttle and where the console meets the side of boat you can look under the side and see where the rigging tube runs, but be careful not to drill into wires. Now i don't know what type of cleats you have. If you PM me your Phone # i' ll try to take a picture and send them to you

7. Member

boat is a Z520c. thanks
    Here you go may have to zoom in but it’s right beside my throttle, I had it added at Ranger when it was built, has reinforced panel under neath.[IMG][/IMG]

8. Member
    I will try and get a better picture to post for you guys, been adding this cleat for many years now and begging to make it standard.

9. Member
    I also wish they came standard. I ordered it on a boat I had after seeing Rodney’s, and they work great. There are some great ideas that come from this board!
    Last edited by Heritage; 02-18-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Ordered cleats from Ranger and installed one on each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

Ordered new cleat from Ranger for 2018 521 L to install beside my shifter. Looks like I need to remove side panel to reinforce it under gunwale. Looks like drivers seat needs to come out to remove side panel. Is this correct. How is drivers seat attached?

Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Ordered new cleat from Ranger for 2018 521 L to install beside my shifter. Looks like I need to remove side panel to reinforce it under gunwale. Looks like drivers seat needs to come out to remove side panel. Is this correct. How is drivers seat attached?
    I can only tell you how my boat was, but the gunnel is 3/8" thick and there is a rigging tube running through there plus the area around the rigging tube is filled with foam. With the stainless steel screws I had no problem getting a very secure anchor point for the cleat.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S