Thinking of new irons?

Been really thinking about getting new irons this year. Currently play rocket blades but thinking of switching to Mizzuno or ping. Have not seen, in person, the jpx 900 series or the new ping g700’s but the reviews look really good. Guess I’ll have to go to golf galaxy and hit them. Anyone ever been fit by golftec?? Thanks

2. T Dub
    I’m too poor for a new fitted set, but the jpx 900 look amazing! I would look hard at them if in the market. I play Mizuno irons, but they”re an old set of MP52. I’m afraid to hit a new set for fear of temptation.

3. Member
    I just got fitted earlier this month and I ended up getting the Taylormade M4's. I hit all the major brands. I found out the shaft and lie angle was the more important part of the fitting. I needed 3 degrees upright regular flex shaft and an add 1/2 in. length. Didn't cost me any more money but he only offered the newest irons out, or in the M4's case they didn't come out until the 16th. Shipped directly from Taylormade.

I had the JPX900’s in my hand today. Awesome looking club. Best of both worlds with a forged cavity back. Cant really go wrong with those. Mizuno’s make some really good irons

My brother just bought a set of Mizuno mp 18 mmc's. Nice looking clubs. He tested them at the Philly golf show then went to a vendor and bought them. I got him an extra $50 off the price by asking for the lowest price they can go. We were surprised it was so simple! (he paid $849 from the $899 asking price)
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. Member
    Looking forward to hitting the mizzunos. Thinking of making a blended set between the hot metal and the forged. Thinking 4-7 hot metal and 8- W forged. My other wedges are going to be the new Cleveland wedges. I think. Lol.

First, I would highly recommend getting a proper fitting. Without it, you are leaving a lot on on the table. And based on your location, I would make the trip to club champion in Warrensville Heights. My oldest son went through a fitting at club champion, the youngest at GolfTec. I can assure you there is a world of difference between the two. Your golfTec fitting will be complete in an hour or less for irons. At club champion, at an hour into the process they are still dialing in the shaft. The nice thing about club champion is they are not brand specific and they could care less what brand they sell you, as long as that brand is what you hit the best. It may be the Mizunos, but could very well be a different brand.....just my two cents based upon my observations of the fitting process at both establishments.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

8. Member
    I have a set of the Mizzuno's and love the look, and feel of a forged club. They really set up nice to the ball. I also hit them higher than I did my pings which I needed, always been a low ball hitter.

9. Member
    I’ve been eyeballing the Srixon 765/965 combo set for awhile. I’ve had my current set of irons since 2005/2006. I’m due for some new ones.