Tracker 190 Battery Voltage Question on HDS

Feel this thread could be in a few different locations, but why not ask the smartest Tin guys out there.

Currently running the my 2 HDS units to the stock Interstate battery that came with the boat. I believe it's a group 27 battery. I put my Voltage overlay on my graphs and am currently showing around 12.1 volts. is this accurate?

I searched and read all about cranking voltage and operating voltage. Is there a good rule of thumb someone can shed?

Thanks in advance, apologies if I should of put this thread elsewhere.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

2. Member
    It is accurate within the unit’s tolerance at the unit. Is it wired to the battery or to the fuse block? If you wired to the fuse block there will be a drop between the battery and the fuse block.

I recommend using a meter to read the actual voltage at the battery if you need a reading that you can trust.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    It is accurate within the unit’s tolerance at the unit. Is it wired to the battery or to the fuse block? If you wired to the fuse block there will be a drop between the battery and the fuse block.

I recommend using a meter to read the actual voltage at the battery if you need a reading that you can trust.
    Makes sense. For some reason I didn't think about it like that. I'll check the battery source.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Goby King
    I have a 10 at the bow and a 7 on the dash, both connected to the same battery. The bow unit reads a lower voltage than the dash unit due to the longer wire run to the bow. I also believe the OEM wiring is too small for a run that long. I plan on upgrading the wiring this spring.