Cumberland. Anyone been ?

Are the heads of creeks clearing up any on upper end of the lake? Also hows the color on the main lake on the dam end if a person decided to go there instead? Thanks

2. Member
    Jamestown to dam main lake was fairly clear, water got dirty about half way up the creek, this was thursday.

I went Tuesday 2/13 and the lower end was 45* and gin clear at Halcombs Landing (ramp @ dam). There was an occasional floater but nothing to be worried about. I went all the way up Otter creek and found all different kinds of water conditions. The mouth was clear and 45* Mid way back went from clear to heavy stain just before the large island. There was no gradual change. It went from clear to heavy stain in a 100 yard stretch. It was 51* mid creek in the stained water. If you kept going up the color got less stained and it was 52*...and if you went WAY up to the HWY 90 bridge it actually got clear again but dropped down to 50*. My info is a few days old and I know it has changed since then.

I am about 25 miles from the ramp at the dam. We had a pretty good rain today (Saturday) at my house. If I were to make a prediction I would say the heads of the creeks should be running muddy and the heavy stain that was mid creek should be moving out closer to the mouth of the creek if I was making a prediction. If I wanted to fish either the main lake or a creek on the lower end of Cumberland I would go.

Green is 5.5 ft above summer above summer pool and a muddy mess on the entire lake. With today's rain it will soon be headed to the parking lot Heck even Cumberland hit summer pool today 723. Hopefully we are getting our "spring" rain in February. If March and April are anything like February I will need a boat to get out of my driveway

4. Member
    Gene, believe it or not I called Lake Country Outdoors today & he told me to stay home tomorrow & said they were getting around 7” of rain. How many times have you heard a tackle shop say they like to sale you the baits I was checking on & them tell you to stay home & that it was dangerous. Lol Think i’ll just take his advice & stay home unless me & my buddy go to pick him up a new combo tomorrow to break the boredom.
    Last edited by Les Young; 02-19-2018 at 08:30 AM.