Thread: Gold Rush

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I'd bet a lot of you overestimate the amount he gets from the show.
    Rick Ness earns 20K per episode as a B liner. What do you think the main liners get per episode?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I'd bet a lot of you overestimate the amount he gets from the show.
    I think I read some where the minimum a reality star can receive it $17,500 per episode. If the show is very successful like Pawn Stars, they get a lot more.

3. Member

Todd is great...any time you have the amount of haters he has, you know you are doing something right. He was asked to do this song for the upcoming movie "I can only imagine", I imagine it paid pretty well and I have a feeling he will be alright

4. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Here's a pretty decent rendition of "Sound of Silence" that Todd did: https://www.facebook.com/goldrushtod...type=2&theater

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

5. Member
    By the way, some huge Smallies in that river below Todd in the video

6. Member
    Quit watching two years ago.
    Praying for a Cure

Just watched it. Sounds like Todd has something he's working on, I'm also going to assume that he will be back, although I wouldn't mind seeing a Freddie Dodge, Dave Turin operation. Just an operation to watch that runs smooth, no drama and a couple of guys that know what they are doing.

8. Member
    Why wasn't Todd in the room with Parker and Tony? It was weird that he wasn't in the room at the beginning and then when Todd came out Parker and Tony were in another room. I may have missed it if they mentioned they were taped at different times but it appeared they were all there at the same time but they chose to separate them.
    "You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take." Wayne Gretzky

9. Member
    Watched every episode purely for the fact Todd’s moral compass of Faith and Family is what this world needs!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    Watched every episode purely for the fact Todd’s moral compass of Faith and Family is what this world needs!
    I see no difference between Todd’s compass than anyone else’s. I watch the show because it’s entertaining and Todd continues to make bad decisions that have caused his demise. I wouldn’t follow that guy across the street regardless of his moral compass.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

If that's really Todd singing, I gotta say that he's finally found something he's good at...

I was watching the Olympics...did Todd cough up the 1,000 oz of gold to settle his wager with Parker? I wouldn't work for any of those guys. Parker more likely than Tony, and Tony more likely than Todd, based on the scripted azz-hat factors for the three. At least Parker and Tony know what they are trying to do, so there's some money to be made by working for those two.

12. Member
    Keep in mind this is a scripted "reality" tv show. You only see what the producers want you to see, and thus believe, and not true reality!
    2009 Z8 -2013 250 PRO XS-Dual 10' Power Pole Blades-Humminbird 1198,1197,998-MG 109-

Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    Dear Lord, put gold in our sluice boxes.
    AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Dear Lord, put gold in our sluice boxes.
    AMEN
    Yup, that's very true. I didn't want to be the first to say it, but have certainly thought it, every time they ask God to help fill their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Quit watching two years ago.
    NFL type quit watching oir really quit watching?

16. Member
    I am saddened to hear Todd is leaving. He is the only team I really care for. I found Gold Rush to be inspirational. The past 8 or so years while these entrepreneurs put EVERYTHING they had on the line to carve out their own living from the frozen ground. Did you put work pants on you dreams too? I hope so! It's not just a tv show. It's an American dream.

I don’t watch for the drama lines .. I watch because I find it interesting in the mechanical aspect ... the old dredges that tony is running I find simply amazing that all the stuff was built back in the day before giant cranes could be brought on site ect

They have to add drama to the Hoffman’s or there would be no Hoffman’s .. can’t show them finding gold they don’t find squat ... if he is letting himself look that dumb and lazy for a paycheck I hope it’s a good one

18. Member
    I've seen different numbers, but almost all say Todd makes 25-50k per episode. I have no idea if that includes re-runs or not. I assume that is new episodes and there is a negotiated lesser figure on re-runs. He also gets money for promo's, attendance at expo's, etc and who know what other stuff. I would bet he makes 1-2 mil a year just on the show. And I wouldn't be surprised if many of these stupid risks he takes on the show are actually show sponsored for the drama so he may not have as much at risk financially as many believe.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    I am saddened to hear Todd is leaving. He is the only team I really care for. I found Gold Rush to be inspirational. The past 8 or so years while these entrepreneurs put EVERYTHING they had on the line to carve out their own living from the frozen ground. Did you put work pants on you dreams too? I hope so! It's not just a tv show. It's an American dream.
    My dreams wear thongs

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    My dreams wear thongs
    Probably why you will never be as successful as Todd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12